Suggestions for portable beach chairs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. Looking for recommendations for light, portable beach chairs. Chairs that I could stick at the bottom of a suitcase without a problem. Thanks.
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Let me add that I found quite a few online. What I'm looking for is a personal recommendation "I have this one and it's great, etc.."
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 12:45 PM

I can recommend one. I got two of these last year from Amazon and I just looked and they are still sold. The link is below. They are light, fold up into a backpack and have a cup holder. We have used them several times to go to the beach in Seagrove (near Destin), Florida, and they have worked wonderfully. The company has several different types of models, but I think the backpack version would be best in terms of convenience. http://www.amazon.com/WearEver-LR-4-...601&sr=8-8
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:14 PM

I think what you are looking for are the portable chairs that EVERYONE has that fold up into a bag. We got a few last year that are lower to the ground for the beach. They would easily fit in a suitcase. Ours was a RIO brand and we bought it at a Wal Mart in a beach town. I've also seen them at sonny's surplus. The other option for something light and very basic is called lounge lizard. It's basically a back support with a base that you would set in the sand. I keep telling my husband that we would make a mint if we could create a comfortable, portable beach chair. Good Luck!
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:40 AM
EJC

We use the lounge chairs you buy at k-Mart, Walmart,etc. The ones that you just fold either end and collapse the legs. The lounge area is made of soft tube-type strips. I just duct tape them together and put on the plane as "checked baggage". When we get to our destination, we grab our rental car and load-up our luggage and beach chairs. Then we're able to go to any beach without worrying about a place to sit.
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions.
There's a WalMart next town over so I'll check that out first.
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 03:41 AM

I guess I'm finding it hard to believe that there is a beach chair small enough to fold up inside my suitcase, but I'm willing to check it out. Are you saying that these chairs fit inside a rollaboard suitcase, 22" maximum length? Thanks!