Search

submarine

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2002, 07:06 PM
DB

submarine

We will be at Georgetown, Cayman Islands on a cruise. Does anyone know if there is time to do the Atlantis Submarine ride and a snorkling tour in one day? We have only snorkled (sp?) twice before. I don't know which area to go to on our own if we had to.<BR>DB

Old May 23rd, 2002, 03:19 AM
Sandy

DB,<BR>If you don't do anything else on your stop in Grand Cayman, you must do the Stingray Sandbar tour. They take you out by boat and you actually swim, feed and can touch the Stingrays. It's an awesome experience being in the water with these creatures!! I've done the submarine ride in GC and for the money, I really wasn't impressed. I did a nite dive though, so maybe going during the day would be better. Both of these activities are easy to find once your in port.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 06:01 AM
amy

I agree- Stingray City is a *must*. That's an experience I'll remember forever.We left from Rum Point, which is a nice spot to spend a relaxing afternoon. We also did the Atlantis sub, which I enjoyed immensely, however, I don't scuba dive. I would think that a diver would find a sub restrictive & claustrophobic.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 08:32 AM
anon

Considering it's GC I would opt for the snorkel/Stingray City trip as well. I have done the submarine and it was nice, but the trip with the rays is far far better.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:08 PM
Trish

I don't know if there's time to do both, but my suggestion would be that you do a snorkeling tour to Stingray City and afterwards go to Casanova's or Smugglers's for a drink and/or meal. The sub was expensive and although my husaband loved it, I wasn't very impressed.