Reload this Page >

St. Thomas for a Day and a Night

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 09:56 AM
Howard

Hello - We will be in St.Tomas for a little of 24 hours before the start of a cruise. Arriving mid-afternoon of one day and leaving late afternoon the next. I am looking for a recommended place to stay - in the $100 to $120 price range. We would like to go to the beach for a few hours of our stay, but are almost as interested in seeing some historic sights in Charlotte Amalie...shopping comes in third as an interest. <BR><BR>It seems some pretty nice places are in C.A. - am thinking of either Villa Santana, Hotel 1829, or Inn at Blackbeard's Castle. Beachside places seem to be more expensive...one that I could find in the range mentioned above is the Best Western Carib, ona beach adjacent to the airport. <BR><BR>Does anyone have any suggestions about staing in town vs. the beach, given our interests, and about either the hotels I metnioned or others. I am leaning towards in-town...figuring that we could jsut hit the pool briefly on day 1, and go to a beach (Magens Bay???) for 3 hours or so on day 2. <BR><BR>Any thoughts?

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 11:14 AM
MB

I would highly recommend trying to get a room on priceline. They have just added St. Thomas and St. John resorts & people are getting them for steals according to this priceline bidding board which I have been using for several months now thanks to a recommendation from another Fodors user(http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding). Check out the hotel section for USVI; you should be able to get one of the resorts at St. Thomas well within your budget. The Marriott comes up a lot on Priceline and I can vouch for that resort - you will not be disappointed.<BR><BR>And Magen's Bay is a great choice for your beach time.

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 02:11 PM
Schultz

If you really are leaning towards staying in CA, I would strongly recommend the Crystal Palace. It is a fabulous, historic place right in downtown with a fabulous view and a wonderful host.<BR><BR>

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 02:14 PM
Schultz

Forgot to post the link for a website to the Crystal Palace.....sorry.<BR><BR>http://www.crystalpalaceusvi.com/<BR><BR>

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Nlou

I just made a reservation at Hotel 1829, but don't know a whole lot other than Fodor's review. Anybody stayed there?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Nlout

Old May 30th, 2002, 09:00 PM
Lars

Schultz, nice job spamming the board with your buddy Ron's Crystal Palace website. Since you guys know each other, no wonder you make such a "strong recommendation".

Old May 31st, 2002, 06:58 AM
Sharon

Just replied to another posting--check out the Island Beachcomber for one night--refer to Where2Stay.com.

Old May 31st, 2002, 08:44 AM
Lars'Mom

Lars,<BR><BR>Now didn't I tell you to stay in your crib and not to play with your parent's computer!!!!<BR><BR>Get a life....LARS....or is it LIARS<BR><BR>MOM

Old May 31st, 2002, 06:19 PM
Tina

It looks like "Lars" struck a nerve by the infantile response. Thanks Lars, for pointing out what frauds Ronnie and Schultz and Karen are.

Old May 31st, 2002, 06:49 PM
Ms. Whitney

Schultz, I really HAVE to stay at your buddy Ron's Crystal Palace since your review is SOOOO favorable! I've never seen a review that uses the word "fabulous" twice in the same sentence. Can you get me a discount? Is crime a problem in that part of town?