Reload this Page >

St. Lucia Honeymoon-Ladera/Anse/Hilton?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Shelley

Hello,<BR><BR>Honeymooning August 2004. <BR><BR>Although it is far in the future we are already dreaming of the perfect honeymoon.<BR><BR>St. Lucia seems to be the right spot for romance, a lush tropical setting, and interesting excursions.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Shelley

Sorry, here's the rest...<BR><BR>Anyone with advice on accomidations would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Ladera seems like a very beautiful, romantic and unique resort. Is a week there too much (especially with the missing 4th wall)? Or is it better to split the time between Ladera and something more traditional like the Hilton?<BR><BR>Also, I have seen many conflicting reviews... which is better Anse Chastanet or Ladera?<BR><BR>I really want a room with a plunge pool and wonderful atmosphere.<BR><BR>Thanks for you help!<BR>Shelley

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 06:58 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shelley:<BR>Your observation that St. Lucia is the right place for romance, lush tropical settings and interesting excursions is right on the money. I am more partial to the Hilton than to Ladera, but Ladera is a top notch resort. Personally, I didn't want to take a chance on our honeymoon that the open wall might present a problem with unwanted bugs or critters. I think most people who have offered reports of their staying at Ladera said this was not a problem (or that it was minimal), but we wanted to make sure. The Hilton is the most upscale in my opinion of all the resorts in St. Lucia and has the most amazing location right between the Pitons. The view of the Pitons from this location is unbelievable. The Hilton has rooms that are fully accessorized with TV's, phones, A/C, plunge pools, roomy luxurious suites, marble baths. Ladera will offer breathtaking scenery, plunge pools and very nice rooms but it is meant to be for people who really want to get away from everything, so you won't have a TV in your room and you will not have A/C either of course because you have the open wall. I haven't stayed at the Ladera, but when we dined there the food was very good, a bit better than the food at the Hilton which was, in my opinion, also quite good. The Anse has been described as more &quot;rustic&quot; than either Ladera or the Hilton, which is to say you will not have the same amenities (such as phones) as you will at the Hilton or the Ladera (if those things are important to you). Also, if you want to go to the beach at Anse, you have to climb down to and back up 100 plus steps. The big plus with Anse is that it has the best scuba and snorkeling on St. Lucia. Hope this info helps. You will love St. Lucia!

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 07:23 PM
Sara

Do you have any insight between St. Lucia and Anguilla? We're looking very hard at both for our honeymoon. Thanks!

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 07:41 PM
stlucia

Jalouise Hilton is just beautiful! There are private villas with plunge pools and they are very private. We actually sat in our plunge pool and looked at the ocean. The grounds are huge and hilly but there is a shuttle that will come to your villa to get you if you wish. The spa there is also wonderful. <BR><BR>There is plenty to do. We told the staff at check in what we would like to see/do while we were there and they set up a horse back riding tour to Sulfur Springs (natural spa) and the drive in volcano. They also sent us on a safari to one of the rain forests where we got to swim in the waterfalls.<BR><BR>There are some good restaurants on the resort but we did take a cab to Ladera's Dasheen for dinner one night AND

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 07:55 PM
stlucia

sorry....It was fabulous. The resort has a spectactular view but the people we met there weren't expecting the bugs in their rooms. (They knew they were missing a wall but expected their room to be bug free?) Anyway, the dinner and the view is worth the trip! There is also a little place right outside of the Hilton called The Bang and that was a blast! The food was great and so was the entertainment. <BR><BR>The meals are pricey ay Jalouise but we stocked up on snacks and drinks and kept them in the fridge at our villa for those times when we didn't want to go out for a bite.<BR><BR>The island is really quiet and laid back. There isn't a lot of night life but sitting in you private plunge pool with your love and looking at the stars over the Pitons.....I wish I could be there right now!

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:09 AM
Island Girl

Just putting in my two cents. I was very pleased with the Hilton when I stayed there last month. I did visit Ladera for a couple of meals and the setting is very serene but I wanted to be close to the beach. <BR><BR>I was very glad I didn't stay at Anse Chastenet when I visited, although it's a nice spot to hang around for lunch.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 07:41 PM
Shelley

Thanks so much for your replys,<BR>I really appreciate the advice.<BR>I do want to experience Ladera,<BR>but you are convincing me to think<BR>of spending some time at the Hilton also.<BR><BR>If anyone else has an opinion,<BR>I'd love to hear it!<BR><BR>Shelley<BR><BR>

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 09:29 PM
Donna

Shelley, We stayed at both the Jalousie and Ladera. I would be hard pressed to pick one over the other so we will stay at both again. <BR>We stayed for are 25th and I couldn't imagine a better place to spend your honeymoon. It is a dream come true. <BR>Ladera is a must, if you can handle the possible bug or geckco. An occasional bat may fly outside the room at night. This was no problem at all, we actually had NO mosquitoes, one beatle flew on the outside of our netting once and that was it. The geckcos are more afraid of you, see you and there gone.As for not having AC this is also not a problem at Ladera due to the trade winds that seems to keep temp. perfect and the BUGS away.I really think that the heat and bugs can be much more of a problem at Anse Chastenet, rooms are lower down mountain side and they wouldn't catch such a nice trade wind. This is my opinion. A one bedroom deluxe with heated plunge pool is also a must. I would request one of the new ones. The rooms that have the small inside plunge pool in room are cold. They shuttle you to Anse Chasenet beach or the Hilton's beach. This really isn't a problem for most people staying at Ladera, because of the Unique experience of the rooms makes up for the little inconveniece. Even when staying at the Hilton we would spend all day at the beach anyway.But........we also LOVED being part of the Jalousie Hilton property. For the added restaurants, longer time on beach the villas are real comfy, and cozy, it just added another demension to the trip, some great romantic entertainment at the Pier Restauraunt.Oh I could go on and on. But don't miss staying at Ladera for at least a few nights. The only complain that I have heard from someone doing both was that, all the rooms at Ladera are private, not all villas at the Hilton are private in the patio/plunge pool area. <BR>Donna