st.johns

Jan 9th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

st.johns

my wife and i hope to be visiting st.johns in oct.09 has anyone heard of or stayed at garden by the sea b&b,and is oct. usually a good bet weather wise in st.johns
Jan 9th, 2009, 05:57 PM

For the record, so you don't get reservations to the wrong place:

St. John is an island, part of US Virgin Island

St. Johns is a city on another island, Antigua.

Deb
Jan 10th, 2009, 10:58 AM

I've been to St. John USVI. We stayed at a Westin villa. They're more private than the actual resort, you have a private pool, but you have access to the resorts amenities too. It was such a great hotel and a great island. I don't recall reading about or seeing the Sea Bed and Breakfast through, so I can't help with that. However, if you're going, I definitely suggust renting a car for some of the time you're there. The best beaches and snorkeling are away from the hotels.
Jan 10th, 2009, 11:29 AM

Trip Advisor website is often a good place to get details about a specific property.
October water and air temperatures are great. Only problem would be if a hurricane blew through. No way to know whether that'll happen, of course, but October is still very much hurricane season in that area. (August and September probably more likely, though hurricane not "likely" at all.)
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:35 AM

I have definitely heard of the Garden By the Sea b&b and it's reputation is good. There are a handful of small inns in the Cruz Bay area and personally, I think Estate Lindholm is the nicest followed by Garden By the Sea. The rest are more basic in the setting, amenities and services. It does have a website so you can get more specific information there. We've been there in October and have found the weather to be fine. Hurricane season is not over until November, but the islanders have a saying "September remember, October all over." You can take folk wisdom for what you will, but it's held true in our experience.