Bermuda or St John??

May 30th, 2002, 03:57 AM
?

Bermuda or St John??

Can't decide between the two options:
The Reefs or Cambridge Beaches in mid-October or Caneel Bay in early November.

Looking for mellow - quality service, good food and since we're leaving kids at home, not too many there . . .

May 30th, 2002, 04:10 AM
ML

I love Bermuda but have only been in July & August. How are the beaches in Oct. ( Temp ). I also like St John but have only stayed at the Westin.
Maybe you should flip a coin because both are great destination,however if I were going without children you might want to take advantage of Bermuda.

May 30th, 2002, 04:24 AM
penny

Bermuda and St. John, both very different and both wonderful! I have been to Bermuda in early to late mid October, great beach weather, the water is warm and the nights cooler, although it still can be a bit humid! Hope to go again this October. If you have been to the carribean and have never been to Bermuda, this island is very sophisticated and upscale. Lots to see and do! It is unique! Stately homes, gardens and charm.
Caneel is wonderful! Low key, tropical and St. John is all National Park! Love the funky little town of Cruz Bay.
Snorkeling is the best! Another great choice!

May 30th, 2002, 05:45 AM
Alexis

We preferred St. John. Lovely, lush,
low key. Clean and the most stunning
beaches. Caneel Bay resort or rent
an exquisite villa. Can't go wrong
either way.

May 30th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Susan

Since you are going in October, that is still hurricane season.

Why not consider Aruba, it is full of honeymooners and anniversary couples in October!

It is such a romantic island. However, it is quite arid, but the landscaping at the resorts are quite beautiful! Just something to consider!

May 30th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Bob

Aruba is the land of the high rise! If you want that! Not for me! But check it out and see. ? aksed about Bermuda and St. John. It is later in the hurricane season, so the chances are not as likely. Early Nov. for Caneel, mid October for Bermuda!

May 30th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Island Girl

While I have been to both islands, I think that there are several major considerations that would help you decide which one:

1. Do you like to shop? Bermuda has a great city Hamilton, with shops
2. Do you like history? Bermuda is steeped in history.
3. Do you like watersports. St. John is a sailing, snorkelling and beach mecca.
4. Do you like island hopping. You can access the BVI and the othe USVI islands fairly easily from St. John
5. Are you the type to rent a car and explore? You can't rent cars in Bermuda.

It really depends on you.

May 30th, 2002, 07:18 AM
ML

But you can rent scooters in Bermuda and it is alot more fun than exploring by car. Also there are few good snorkel
trips that take you out about six miles off the coast to a reef. But it is much easier to snorkel in St John.
And the access to other islands is a plus.