St. John Weather

Old Jul 14th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. John Weather

We are considering St. John for the end of June or early-mid July next year. What should we expect as far as average temperatures/rain/hurricanes?
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 11:59 AM
caribtraveler

we were there for a week mid-june (last month). beautiful weather. mid-80s for highs. sunny. no rain. just one day was a bit overcast.

Old Jul 14th, 2003, 01:38 PM

We were there from 6/27/03 - 7/3/03. Weather was nice, with a constant breeze. It was overcast in the mornings but cleared up by the early afternoon. Had only very light showers that didn't last long. We live in MS, so we're used to high 80's and 90's in the summer. Temps got no higher than 84 degrees. Highly recommend going this time of year--the water is calmer, too, according to the locals. I think hurricane season begins in July, but you can take advantage of off-season rates to make up for that. In fact, we were disappointed not to be staying thru the 4th b/c St. John has a week-long Carnival leading up to the 4th with live music, fireworks,& a big parade on the fourth.
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 05:07 PM
caribtraveler

you know what...i lied..my husband reminded me, it did rain. but it was short light rain (no more than 5 minutes). it happened maybe twice or 3 times. and we happened to be in our room at that time, that's why i forgot.

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 05:45 PM

Hurricanes in June are exceedingly rare, but have occurred.
St. John average rainfall is 28-30 inches per year, with each month averaging 1-4 inches, June about 1.5 inches most years.
Average daily high is 88 (and humid).
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 07:46 PM

Been there first of June, Mid-June, and Mid-August. August was decidedly muggier and more rain (though little as compared to other places) and more mosquito's.
STJ is known for being off the hurricane pathway, so no problems there. You might get to surf on the NE side of the island if you're lucky to catch any the time your there. Aim for earlier than later. by August the locals are getting a little tired and some shops close until the "high season" picks up again.