St. John Villa-Vida De Mar

Mar 7th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

St. John Villa-Vida De Mar

We are heading down to St. John to stay at the villa Vida De Mar at Dever's Bay. Have not been able to find any other postings from Fodorites that have stayed here. Anyone out there stayed here or in this area with comments to share?
Mar 8th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

If it refreshes anyone's memory, Devers Bay is between Chocolate Hole and Hart Bay as I look at the map. Thanks for any input! I know Vida De Mar was just purchased recntly by its owners, so maybe it used to be known as another name?
Mar 9th, 2005, 04:54 AM

Never stayed on that side of the island, but I have heard good reviews about that area. We tend to stay on the north side, close to Cinnamon Bay...sometimes on Mamey Peak. You will love it I'm sure...but definately check out the other side of the island....better beaches in my opinion!
Mar 10th, 2005, 02:43 AM

It's the same name. A beautiful place. The beach is a pebble beach, however. Good snorkling.
Ronnie
Mar 10th, 2005, 10:56 AM

Tamryn, I have not heard of Vida De Mar. We are going to St. John in June.We are not sure were to stay yet, we are looking at St.John Inn. What shore is Vida De Mar on?
Thanks, Christie
Mar 10th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Christie-Vida de Mar is on the Southwest shore of the island, near Chocolate Hole(?) and not too far from Cruz Bay.