Search

St John Villa Rentals?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Lisa

St John Villa Rentals?

My husband and I are planning a trip to St John in July and would like to rent a villa. Can anyone recommend some good websites for companies that you worked with or heard good things about? Any to avoid?<BR><BR>This will be our first time to St John so any advice in planning a trip there is appreciated.<BR><BR>Lisa<BR>Cincinnati, Ohio

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Cindy

Lisa: I've heard good things about the following agencies:<BR><BR>www.caribbeanvilla.com<BR>www.isl and-getaways.net<BR>www.cateredto.com<BR>www.greatcari bbeangetaways.com<BR>www.onlinevacations.com<BR>ww w.destinationsthohn.com<BR>www.vacationvistas.com< BR>www.windspree.com<BR>www.seaviewhomes.com<BR>ww w.vivacations.com<BR>www.bookitvi.com

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Carol

LIsa:<BR><BR>You picked a lovely island for your honeymoon. We also honeymooned there last year and it was our first trip.<BR>It is a clean, beautiful and safe island.<BR><BR>Tons of gorgeous villas. We also rented a villa and it was even better than the phots. For us, we were so impressed that it's the only way to go.<BR><BR>We rented from:<BR><BR>www.vacationvistas.com<BR><BR>Great selections of villas and wonderful people to work with. Very very pleased.<BR><BR>Carol

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Mindy

Keep in mind that there are many bad deals mixed in with the good ones. Beware if they try to get you to prepay the full trip cost in advance, and definitely shop around before you go with a rental company. Don't be swayewd by anonymous folks claiming they got the perfect deal... many of them are associated with the villa rental agencies, and they lurk on boards like this to drum up businiess. Read this trip report to see one of many examples of how how easy it is to get tricked while renting a &quot;villa&quot;.<BR><BR>www.caribtravelnews.c om/c0102_02.htm<BR>

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Carol

I see what Mindy is saying, we all have to be cautious.<BR><BR>I am one of those people who wrote last year asking about honeymoon spots. I got most of my information from the USVI online forum. Everything they said was correct. <BR><BR>St John was beautiful, villa perfect and the agent was very helpful. We only put down 1/2 deposit and paid in full before the trip. We had no problem at all.<BR><BR>I would suggest going on the USVI site. Many of the people have been going to St. John for years and I have corresponded with many. It was a wonderful honeymoon and I highly recommend the villa sites on the USVI...<BR><BR>This is an honest opinion and from a very happy honeymooner.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 03:36 PM
villa

In the Conde Nast Traveler magazine there was an article about safety. It said when renting a private villa you should inquire about security, and if there isn't any you should consider hiring your own. That's a potential advantage of staying in a resort with security personnel and other people around... instead of a villa where you are alone and vulnerable.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Carol

We had absolutely no problem with safety nor any of the other folks I have corresponded with. <BR><BR>One has to be careful no matter where they stay. We would rent a villa again over a resort anyday. Especially, in St. John

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Carol

Hi, Lisa: You will absolutely fall in love with St. John. We're going for the second time 11/12; can hardly wait! Last year, we booked a villa through VIVA Vacations. We stayed at Casa Blanca. It's a short two minute walk to town yet it's private and quiet. Clean, swimming pool, 1 bedroom, 1 bath, AC in the bedroom. I would highly recommend Casa Blanca. We wanted to stay there this year but they were booked well in advance. So, we're staying at one of Donald Schnell's properties which I understand are great also.<BR><BR>Hope this info helps.<BR><BR>Enjoy St. John and the surrounding islands. July won't come soon enough for you!

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Sherr

Carol, <BR> Which of D Schnells properties are you staying at? Will be interested in <BR>hearing your report upon return, as we have looked into those in the past, but<BR>never stayed there.<BR>Sherri

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Sherri

DO you have a website for Casa Blanca?

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Carol

We'll be staying at 2 of D. Schnell's properties: Bougainvilla, which is in Cruz Bay town, and Gift Hill. I'll be sure to post a report upon our return.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Carol

The website for Casa Blanca is vivacations.com. Click on 1 bedrooms. The pix don't do it justice. As I previously mentioned, we would rent it again in a heartbeat.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Nancy

Lisa - we stayed at one of Donald Scnell's properties (Catered to). It was incredible and we had no problems.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Moni

My husband and I rented a villa through Cateredto and were very happy with it. We stayed at L'Autre Monde. We paid everything in full and everything was as they said it would be. We had no problems at all and the rental company met us at the ferry dock to take us to our villa. We are going to do it again, but this time go to BVI but rent through the same company if they have any villas over there. St. John is a great place to relax. Have fun!

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 06:08 AM
JL

MONI -<BR><BR>Could you tell me more about L'Autre Monde villa on St. John. It looks beautiful. Last year we stayed across on the hill from Great Cruz area. (Contant Farm). We loved the views from there.<BR><BR>Did your villa have screens to keep out the bugs or was it wide open. HOw was the privacy. Any details you can give, I would so appreciate it.<BR><BR>We loved St. John and plan to go back.<BR><BR>Thanks