Reload this Page >

Splendore' Villa - St John

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:34 AM
AzureBlue

We are staying in the villa Splendore' in September.....Any of you who have already stayed here - please give us recommendations on where to go, what to see......This is for our honeymooon and I have heard nothing but good about this villa. What is the view like, good location?,pool nice?, managemnet good?, etc......<BR><BR>Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:36 PM
AquaBlue

We are also considering Splendore sometime in the near future. <BR><BR>Splendore's location is great. St. John is great. Fantastic views from Splendore. You won't want to leave once the sun sets. We spent 9 days there and only ate out twice in the evening. It was much more romantic to us to cook on the grille have a few cocktails and have fun in the plunge pool. You'll have plenty of beaches to explore, the town of Cruz Bay is wonderful, great restaurants. Wonderful place for a honeymoon. <BR><BR>I have read that some people have hired chefs to cook for them in the villa. <BR><BR>The management was great they rented another villa to us. Splendore gets rave reviews on another site. <BR><BR>Please post when you return. Would love to hear all about it.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:32 AM
wet weather stinks

Would like more info on Spledore'.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 06:06 PM
mike

up

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 07:22 AM
AzureBlue

Thanks for the info! Will reply once we return.<BR><BR>Anyone else have info on the villa?

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 10:21 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Splendore Villla

To AzureBlue:<BR>If your out there there are a few of us who would like to hear your report on Splendore Villa in St. John. <BR><BR>thanks

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 01:44 PM
ttt

Tell us about Splendore?

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 03:12 AM
Review

Here is a review from another website since you can't seem to do homework!<BR>USVI-On-Line: St. John Hotel, Resort &amp; Villa Reviews <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Splendore 08/16/01 <BR>Reviewers Rating: Excellent<BR>Outstanding villa. We were there August '01, last week in fact. It is small compared to others, sleeps six, with two air conditioned master bedrooms and a loft. Perfect for one or two couples. Pool with waterfall, hottub. Large deck with dining and lounge chairs, (they looked brand new). You will be spending most of your time out here.Beautiful outdoor showers! Location was great. Maria's bluff. Not too far from town, not too close. Up the hill so you get good breezes, we never used the ac, and this was August mind you. Although we had neighbors, you could not see them because of the plantings. Beautiful tropical gardens in the front, view of St. Thomas and small islands from the back deck. Sometimes you could here voices but could not make out what they were saying. There is a house under construction down the hill and you could here some noise from that, but not with the waterfall on. Neighbors are Choco Cruz and Princess Hill Villas. Besides, everywhere we went there was construction including hawksnest and honeymoon beach. Decorated &quot;island style&quot;, bamboo furniture and local art work. Kitchen had everything. Gas Stove top was slow, mine is slow too, but this was slower. We used the outside gas grill mostly. Lots of beach towels, beach chairs, floats, cd's, games, I couldn't think of anything missing and was surprised how much they had. Management company was excellent. I broke the dryer knob and they offered to come bring me pliers immediately. Picked us up at the pier, got us our rental car, than pointed out where all the places we might want to go, including info on beaches and snorkling. I would go back in a minute, well, I never wanted to leave! Feel free to email if you have questions. P.S. The magement leaves all non-perishables in the house from past guests. We found all kinds of spices, oil, coffee, sugar, mustard, hot sauce,ketschup, tea, bottles of liquer, suntan lotion, bug spray, etc. This was a very nice touch I thought. <BR>lynn <BR><BR>

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 03:14 AM
Review

and another<BR>Reviewers Rating: Excellent<BR>Splendore is a magnificent villa located on Maria Bluff. The villa's deck and pool area face directly south, allowing for magnificent views of the ocean and to St. Thomas. There are 2 bedrooms, one which opens directly to the pool and deck, the other having its own private deck.<BR><BR><BR>Furnishings are very nice. There is a large kitchen/dining/living room area central to the villa, with the bedrooms located on opposite ends of the main living area. There is a washer and dryer. The bedrooms both have AC units. Due to the garden shower design and high ceilings, the AC can only lower the bedroom temperature by 5 degrees or so. That was plenty for us. We did not even use the AC several nights because there was sufficient breeze to make sleeping comfortable.<BR><BR><BR>The refrigerator is loaded with all kinds of condiments, salad dressings, sauces, etc. Check here before buying more things at the market. The pantry had over 1 dozen bottles of partially consumed liquor left from previous occupants. Plenty of spices also. There are 3 coolers to choose from. Plenty of towels to bring to the beach. Good stereo system ( CD and tape player). Plenty of personal items are stored below the sinks in each bathroom. Items we saw included rubbing alcohol, band-aids, tissues, hair dryer, contact lens solution, and bug spray.<BR><BR><BR>There is a telephone in each bedroom, in addition to a phone in the kitchen and loft. <BR><BR><BR>There is exceptional privacy, enough to allow clothing-optional sunbathing. There are plenty of other villas around, but you can only see the roofs of those below. <BR><BR><BR>The hot tub will get plenty hot if you run the motor in advance. There is a nice little waterfall from the hot tub into the pool. You can see the ocean right from your bed. At 6AM one morning, we saw a big cruise ship go right past. <BR><BR><BR>It takes only 5 minutes to drive to Cruz Bay. <BR><BR><BR>There are 4 sets of sliding doors (5 if you count the front doors)with screens in the main living area, allowing plenty of airflow through the villa, especially with the front doors open. The pictures as shown on vacationvistas.com are a dead-on representation of the villa. We loved our stay at Splendore. Apparently everyone else did too, as the guest registry books left on the counter were filled with notes from people who have stayed there previously. This villa is rented extensively, so book early. Enjoy your stay, we sure did!! <BR><BR>

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 06:24 AM
homework

Your so kind. Thank you...I never did like homework......