St. John villa advice - help?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2007, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know anything about Cruz Bay villas in St. John? My husband and I are returning to St. John in February - can't wait! We are commited to a prepaid deal at Westin for 4 days, and would like to stay in a villa elsewhere to extend the vacation. Do all villas require 5 - 7 day minimum? Cruz Bay Villas seem very reasonable, but I don't know anything about them. Any advice is appreciated!
Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:39 AM

It's been many years, but my husband rented a villa there. I'm not sure they really fit the "villa" description. It wasn't fancy and the one we had did not have air conditioning. There was a lot of noise as I recall from locals that were living well below the villas. I suspect things may have changed since then but check it out. We rented for 7 days so I can't comment on the requirements issue. I recommend you go to www.sbhonline.com which is a website devoted to St. Bart's lovers, but also has many knowledgable members with extensive Caribbean travel experience, including St. John. Good Luck

Cissy
Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:55 AM

Try http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.co...wforum.php?f=1 and http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.co...wforum.php?f=1 for some really good information on St. John and I am sure that someone can help you there.
There is some "poetic license" in the Caribbean since many condos are also referred to as villas.
Cissy - will have to go back and read more of your link. Did enjoy a few chuckles reading a couple of the posts and comparisons.
Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:57 AM

Oh dear! Did I really post the same link twice ... sorry
The second should be http://www.vinow.com/wwwtalk/list.php?4

Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:32 AM

After posting, I went and took a look at some of the villas on St. John. Things have really improved since we were there. Many beautiful and affordable spots. We really did love the island and may someday get back there. Beachplum, St. Bart's is now our prime location for vacations. We have found our paradise although we do enjoy going to other islands. The last three vacations have been there, however, and we are never disappointed. The SBH site is a great place for information on the island and many of the folks know each other due to "meets" on the island or in their hometowns. Most of them have been many other places in the Caribbean, Europe, etc. as you probably noticed with the other boards on that site. It's a fun group.
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Cissy and Beachplum. That was good advice. In the meantime, I heard about and tried Estate Lindholm which allows 2 days, and I could have extended in to the weekends on either end of my Westin days, but they were already booked! I'm still looking.....
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 09:47 AM

You may want to check out the website VRBO.com too. Sometimes you can find an owner that's willing to fill in some dates.
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Cissy! What a great site! I'm putting in several inquiries.
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

vrbo is a great site. There are villas available for fewer required days. I am seriously considering Adventure villa by Coral Bay. I just heard that it doesn't have AC, though. Will that be a problem in February? Has anyone stayed at Adventure? I really wanted to stay at Honeymoon Cottage, but hubby says too costly.