Search

St. John Stag

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2006, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. John Stag

We would like some suggestions where the guys should go for a "stag" the day before the wedding. We girls will be at the villa having a "shower" in the pool, martini in hand, but want to send the boys somewhere (decent). We are staying in a villa in Chocolate Hole Bay so it should be in the vicinity. They will cab it.
Also need some suggestions for caterer's for the wedding. Have e-mailed La Tapa twice, but have had no response. I may have to do some calling I guess.
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 09:12 AM

La Tapa is closed for the rest of the low season. I'm not sure when they'll be back, but that's probably why you haven't gotten a response yet. What sort of food are you looking for for the wedding?
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 10:09 AM

Woody's is perfect for a "stag"! Plenty of debauchery for the guys without indecency.
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Tuxedocat I will check with LaTapa in October. We were thinking of having an assortment of small dishes instead of a sit-down type dinner so we thought LaTapa might be the ticket. To have a couple of stations set up, with a few different offerings, were we could basically serve ourselves. What we need, I think, is the caterer to come in and set up, leave and come back the next day to pick up their dishes. There are only six of us. Any other suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks CaribbeanSoul Woody's sounds like the spot.

B
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 06:27 AM

Beckie: From your descriptions, perhaps hiring a caterer or private chef is the way to go. It allows you to tailor your preferences and also have someone else prepare and organize the majority of the wedding dinner. Here are a couple of sites for you to check out. www.mathayomprivatechefs.com www.stjohnchef.com
www.usvirginislandschef.com
I can't say which is better for your purposes, only you can decide that. I just know of these guys because, I'm such a foodie that I like to peruse menus for fun.
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 02:49 AM

Mae,

The people who know you here,know that you have no "hidden agenda"...just a lucky lady with a place in paradise!

Christie
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Original Poster

Glissen, from reading Tuxedocat's reply to my post, and many other's, I find absolutley no hidden agenda! I am very grateful for the advice from experienced and generous people. Her reply was certainly appropriate to my question and perhaps you should re-read my e-mail and apologize. The more information I have to consider, the better. The wedding is not until April so all three couples will look at the options available to us and decide.
By the way thank-you for your information as well. I do have a couple e-mails sent to LaTapa which I'm sure will be answered when they return from vacation.

Tuxedocat: thanks again for your "valued" opinion's ... this is not the first time you have helped me on this board.
Bec
P.S. I guess "decent" stag is an oxymoron, isn't it
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 12:46 PM

Beckie: I notice the editor must have removed Glissen's comments and my response. Wow. I've never been sensored before, and here I thought I was being so eloquent and civilized. Anyway, back the point of your post. You're absolutely welcome. Soon, you''ll be back on this board giving invaluable advice about putting together an intimate wedding on St. John. I did have a thought regarding Rhumblines as a possible place for a "stag" party. It is not on the water but it is decorated in a very fun style, with swings for bar stools. The food is also pretty good. The infamy of this little place is that Kenny Chesny and Renee Zellweger had their rehearsal dinner there. Another place for a "stag" might be the Quiet Mon Pub on the second floor above La Tapa. Christiegr on this board seems to enjoy it very much. Then there's the Beach Bar which is on the waterfront. Also, Polly's Mexican is on a second floor with a dining balcony overlooking the harbor. Best wishes for your upcoming happy events!
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 01:00 PM

Tux,

Interesting how most of the thread was deleted.

I hope you had a chance to read my compliments to you

I wish that Brenda could have read about her support here.

This board is pretty friendly and supportive. Far more so than the US board where posts are not edited or deleted.

Now let's see how long this one lasts ;-)

Marion
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 01:12 PM

Is *this* the thread that had the attacks about posters using active weblinks in their replies? Or has something *else* happened involving Tux, Marion, and brenandg? I was trying to find that post to see if there were other replies to it after I posted this morning...
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 01:14 PM

Guess they realized that Glissen and Carib were one in the same!

RL
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 03:04 PM

I didn't get to read the replies to the thread as I had to work, but thanks for your support. That was the weirdest thing. Shades of Publisher? There were actually a few threads which have stuff deleted, I really can't remember which was which anymore. I found them all to be offensive.
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 06:49 AM

MarionCK: Nope, missed everyone's reactions. Oh, well. I think I've read folks' words long enough to have a sense of the general personalities and orientations of the seasoned contributors on this board to know what responses might be. I do regret reading your (doubtlessly) witty and scathing retorts. Brenandq: I agree. Something suspiciously similar in syntax and style. Ejcrowe: Yeah! You missed it! I, MarionCK, Brendandq, Christiegr and others "mixed it up" with some DP's while you were gone. We're going to have to come up with a "Disgruntled Poster" m.o. or "DP." Anyways, at least Beckie got some of her questions addressed. And thanks for everyone's words and thoughts of support.