Reload this Page >

St John in July A/C: Y or N?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Lisa

How uncomfortable will I be uncomfortable if we stay in a villa without A/C in July on St John?

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 01:23 PM
xxx

depends on the villa and its location.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 04:19 PM
Julie

Previous poster is correct, but if I were you I'd find something with A/C in the bedrooms just to be on the safe side. Our villa got pretty warm when we were there last October, even with the tradewinds. The higher up in the mountains, the cooler it's likely to be.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 06:37 PM
fabila

It was very hot and humid in June when we stayed in St. John's and it was unbearable eating out the first several evenings with the open air restaurants. We got use to it after several days but I wouldn't recommend it in your hotel room. We stayed at the Westin while they were having trouble with their electricity and on those evenings when it went out it was blistering hot for an hour or better. <BR><BR>I kept asking my husband where the balmy breezes where?

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 05:27 AM
doc

Years ago, the &quot;purists&quot; would have (and may still) scoff at the idea of air-conditioning in a true carribean hide away. But let's be realistic...most of us from North America, esp the southern US where it's hot and humid essentially year-round, are acclimated to climate control. I would, under no circumstances, (unless you're one of those who only turns on the a/c in the peak summer months) stay anywhere that does not have a/c. You'll notice, even up-scale resorts such as Little Dix Bay, Peter Island, etc have all been air-conditioned in the last 10 yrs. You can always turn it off and open the windows if you prefer. But as for the USVI in July? Hot...can be very hot. Hope this helps.