Search

St John Advice

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St John Advice

I will be in St. John the end of May and was wondering where you would suggest getting spa services (massage/facial)at (Westin, Caneel???). I am also interested in knowing great dinner and breakfast places to eat. I have a list of about 30 or so but wanted to know the top 5. Looking for casual dining and then 1-2 nice restaurants for dinner. We are staying in a villa and our also interested in a day sail to Virgin Gorda (the Baths)and Foxy. Who would you recommend we book it through and would you suggest a boat with others or our own private boat, what is the price range???? Is there any nightlife, dancing any place on the island in the evening? What are the top beaches you would recommend that are not crowded and have good snorkeling with food/drink nearby (beach bar). Thank you for any advice you can give me. This is our first time to St. John. Are there any special safety precautions we should take, (crime rate, break ins in the villas, etc...)?
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:05 AM

FYI..I had some of the same questions and read all the posted 'trip reports' to get ideas. I even printed some of them to put in my St.John "to do " file.Hope you have a great time.
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:26 AM

Gail. Most of the questions you are asking have already been answered on various threads on this board. Search St. John in the box in the upper left and they'll all sort to the top for you. I know, because we'll be in St. John from May 18-27 and are planning similar activities. I specifically asked the day sail to Virgin Gorda question on here and got 3 good suggestions, all are similarly priced.

IMO, the best beaches are Salt Pond Bay & Leinster Bay / Waterlemon Cay, but there are many, and they are all beautiful! Pick up a copy of Feet, Fins & Four Wheel Drive. It'll tell you much of what you want to know about St. John. Have a great time! Trish
Old May 24th, 2004, 11:11 AM

Hi. I would suggest eating at the Lime Inn, Morgans Mango, and Chilly Billys for breakfast. For nicer restaurants, I would suggest Chateau Bordeaux, Zo Zos. Definitely take a trip to the BVI on the New Horizons II or the Adventurer. If you want to go to Foxys, then I would suggest the Adventurer (mainly because NH II doesnt go there). However, between the two sails I would go with New HOrizons II. There are only about 13 people compared to about 45 on the Adventurer. Either way, have fun! It is a wonderful place.
Old May 24th, 2004, 01:30 PM

Just a small bit of caution - - - if you lock purchases or leave valuables in the trunk of your rental car be aware that theives can open the trunk very easily - - like in seconds.
Old May 24th, 2004, 06:20 PM

Best good restaurants are Ten Tables, Tage, Asolare, and Paradiso. For view go to Asolare or Zozo's, with Asolare being very expensive and Zozo's not as high. We like Panini Beach for casual -- right on the water, dine outside. For lunch go to Skinny Legs in Coral Bay for burgers.