Search

St.John

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St.John

We are traveling to St.John and I have heard that Peter Bay is a beautiful beach, however it is a gated community. Is this true, and is there any way to get to the Peter Bay Beach if you do not live there? Thanks!
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 02:28 AM

There are probably ten plus beautiful beaches on St. John each with there own unique look. I personally feel that Trunk looks better from above than when you are actually on it. One of my favorites is Jumbie. Why bother with a gated community beach when there are so many others to choose from?
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

we will defintately have to visit that beach! To tell you the truth, my daughter is a big fan of Kenny Chesney and from what I hear some of his videos were shot there, so I thought it would be neat for her to be able to see it. I'm sure there are tons of beautiful beaches on the island, but wanted to travel to that one for that reason. Thanks for the advice!!
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 10:16 AM

By the way, Cinnamon Bay is mostly featured by Kenny. Also, he walked by us twice there. (The locals just smile and wave or nod. Poor guy goes there for a little peace and relaxation.) All beaches are public if accessed by water. Only the land is privately held. If you must, you could boat to or swim to Peter Bay, but like RobertoB says, it's hardly worth it when there are dozens of beautiful beaches on STJ.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 06:28 PM

Kenny Chesney is selling his home on st john. Not around much anymore.

Just stay away from Peter Bay...Period.

I'm on st john a week every month. I go to Hawknest Beach at the left side of beach towards Caneel.

Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 05:18 AM

marblehead,
I thought that KC was building another house on St John?A friend of my husband's owns a home on STJ and rents the top part to some guys that were working on the new home.Did that change?

Christie
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:24 PM

ttt
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 06:50 AM

Christie: I think (remembering things told to me by neighbors) your favorite country singer owns/owned no less than 3 different properties on STJ and is selling/sold 2 and is building on the 3rd parcel. Whether he keeps it long term is anyone's guess. Hope all is well with you during this miserable winter season.
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 01:55 PM

Mae,
Thank you and yes all is well other than the cold weather always makes my back and muscles sore.. That is why I love warm weather and I am very much looking forward to Fall.

Hope that all is well your way as well. Do you have any plans to go to St John anytime soon?

Christie
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 01:57 PM

OOPS! The cold weather is affecting my thinking ...I meant to say that "I am looking forward to Spring!"

Christie
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 09:06 AM

jarjrjar,
We just got back from St. Thomas and St. John 2 weeks ago. If your daughter is really into KC (like my daughters are), you should take her to the Quiet Mon Pub (listen to the song "Be as you are&quot in Cruz Bay. It is a short walk up the hill from the ferry docks. It's not much to look at, but hubby and I spent a couple of hours there, hanging with the locals for drinks and had a great time. The words to his song are in his handwriting, framed, on the wall. The bartender, who claims his name is also Kenny, was so much fun. I think we were the only 2 tourists in there at the time, along with 5 or 6 locals. He bought us each a drink and then put on Kenny's CD so we could raise our bottles to the line about hanging with the locals at the Quiet Mon. It was pretty cool. He even invited my husband behind the bar and I took their picture. Fun day! Kenny the bartender, even gave us a couple of free drink coupons for when we come back in 2 years.

I hope you have a great trip! I can't wait to go back.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 01:38 PM

michigancouple,

The guy's name IS Kenny.He was our favorite bartender at The Quiet Mon,besides the owner Kelly who is very nice also.

My husband and I have been there 2 times and loved The Quiet Mon the best as our hang out for drinks spot.

KC's whole "Be As You Are" CD is my favorite because it makes me think about beautiful St John.

Christie
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 03:53 PM

christie,
When you were at the Quiet Mon was there a local guy sitting at the bar, looking like he probably spends a LOT of time there. He was a bit older, with glasses and thinning hair and seemed as though he didn't have much else to do but hang out there? He was so funny. I think that the guy thought when the bartender told us his name was Kenny that we thought he was really Kenny Chesney. I was talking about Kenny Chesney and how much I liked his music, etc. The guy at the bar kept on saying, "He's not Kenny Chesney!" I told him I knew that, but as we all kept talking throughout the afternoon, the guy must have said 2 or 3 more times, "He's not Kenny Chesney!" We all had a good laugh everytime. Then he told us that HIS name is Kenny too! Who knows, maybe it really is.

You're right about listening to the Be As You Are CD...it sure brings back the smiles of being on the island! And here I sit in COLD Michigan with snow piling up all over the place.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 02:50 AM

michigan,

We met alot of locals in The Quiet Mon.One guy was about 50ish and fits your description..if that was him,his mom died and had a house on St John.He is well off and probably has nothing better to do than sit at the bar..very nice guy though.But not what most would consider older. I do not recall his name right now.

And yes,the bartender's name is Kenny.He told us also.Go to the Quiet Mon's website and you will see him and it says his name is Kenny.

Vann the bartender is nice also.

What a small world!

Christie

Old Mar 6th, 2007, 05:20 AM

You know, Kenny Chesney has been known to bartend when he's feeling particularly friendly.
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 05:33 PM

What are the chances of seein Kenny at the Quiet Mon or just strolling around in Mid October? Is he still around then? I'll be taking a cruise then.
Even though seein him would be awesome, im just as much looking forward to visiting some sites he mentioned in his songs.