Search

St Croix accomodations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2007, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St Croix accomodations

looking for beach access from hotel, A/C, kitchenette would be ideal but a fridge a must, laid back nightlife and food places within walking distance. do plan on exploring the island with rental car...where would one stay and from whom to rent a car? Have enjoyed smaller local places but not opposed to resort, just not all inclusives.

thanks
Old Dec 1st, 2007, 02:42 PM

I don't think there's such a place in St. Croix (i.e., not a resort, but on a beach and within walking distance of restaurants). That's not really St. Croix. Also, it's not really safe to walk in most parts of the island at night.

Now, there are plenty of really nice resorts that would meet your needs. And if you drive or take cabs, then going out at night isn't a problem. There are quite a few condo-type resorts that are perfectly nice.

If you wanted to stay at Hotel on the Cay, it's a very short ferry ride from Christiansted and then a short walk to restaurants.
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 02:39 AM

If you are planning to rent a car, then you have some beachside options. Some to consider for beachside access would be Tamarind Reef, The Palms, Pelican Cove, Cottages by the Sea. The Buccaneer is a resort but would fit that bill as well.

A lot depends on your budget and your willingness to drive just a bit. Take a look at recent reviews on Tripadvisor.
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

good to know about st croix, thanks...I am not set on St Croix, just didnt want a mass of people. Will post new query to which island can offer me what I am seeking.

Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 05:09 AM

Grand Cayman is actually the most convenient from the standpoint of being able to walk safely and easily to food and nightlife (or at least take fairly convenient buses). You could stay at Sunshine Suites, which have kitchens and breakfast included. Not on Seven Mile Beach but about 10 minutes walk away. I think the Comfort Suites has a little kitchenette with a refrigerator, and it's closer to the beach, though not at the best end of Seven Mile Beach.

There's also a Comfort Suites in Paradise Island, Bahamas, and guests can (I believe ... but you should comfirm) use the beach and facilities at Atlantis.

Ku on Anguilla has great apartments on a wonderful beach, but it's a kind of isolated spot, so a few places are within walking distance but not aren't.

Guavaberry Spring Bay on Virgin Gorda is also a great place, and not far from The Valley. These are more apartment-like units on a spectacularly unique beach with excellent snorkeling, but not all units have a/c (I think many do by now, though).

There's also the fairly new Bay Gardens Beach Resort in St. Lucia, which is in Rodney Bay and within walking distance to restaurants and nightlife. The rooms have refrigerators, but suites have full kitchens.

Those are some places that come to mind right off the bat. Hopefully, some other posters will have others.
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 05:19 AM

You might try Cane Garden Bay in Tortola for a laid back, beach bar scene. Perhaps another poster can recommend a place. We stayed at Long Bay Beach Resort but it isn't easy to walk to the restaurants and bars from the resort because the roads are steep and it would be difficult to see you during the evening. There are good restaurants and fun bars a quick (few minutes drive away) including the famous Bomba Shack.