Reload this Page >

Special Dinner - 30th Birthday

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Ali

I am surprising my husband with a weekend in St. Bart's for his 30th birthday in March 2003 (also our engagement anniversary). It will be our first time to SB and we are staying at the Hotel Christopher. My husband is quite the gourmand and I would love to start off the trip with a memorable dining experience. If you have any restaurant recommendations (with a more hip and modern flavor, not too formal or stuffy), that would be great. I hear LeToiny, Carl Gustaf, Isle de France and Le Ti St. Bart are quite spectacular. Please advise. Thanks.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 10:19 AM
KATIE

First I would recommend more than a weekend on ST. Barths..You need at least a week just to get to all the beaches and some of the restaurants..I would not miss Le Toiny for dinner..elegant but not stuffy- just amazing. I loved Carl Gustaf though some here do not -it is very expensive (best foie gras ever!!) which may be why ( as is Le Toiny) but if I had to choose one over the other I would choose Le Toiny. I did not get to LE Ti while I was there but will for sure next time I hear it is fabulous but I think it is more of a party place not so much an elegant dining experience..others can comment more accurately.. IDF was good but I preferred it for lunch then you can stay on the beach afterwards...also do not miss the Sand Bar at Eden Rock another great lunch/ beach day. We also loved Wall House in Gustavia..great food and not too expensive but very classy. K'fe Massai was also great ..excellent looking too...The choices are endless and to be honest it is hard to have a bad meal anywhere on the island!!! Enjoy and pls stay longer than a weekend!!!!

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Kathleen

Francois Plantation was the best gourmet meal I ever had the pleasure to enjoy. It was pure perfection, beautiful ambiance, open air dining in one of the most beautiful dining rooms in the caribbean and perfect,perfect food. It was not stuffy or snobish. If you are looking for a memorable meal in a fabulous restaurant - this is the place. <BR><BR>So you know what I guage things on, I do not live far from NYC and dine often in the finest reastaurants!<BR><BR>I don't know their webisite but I'm sure you will find it if you do a google search!<BR><BR>Hope this helps, Happy Planning

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Ali

Thank you for all the recommendations - it sounds as if we have plenty of wonderful options. We are actually going for 4 nights (long weekend) - neither of us are big beach goers, so just looking for a few days of warm weather (also from NYC), great cuisine and picturesque scenery.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Nancy

Ali,<BR><BR>May I suggest to go to sbhonline.com. The poster there are experts on St. Barths and you will get excellent information.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Anon

you must read sbhonline.com restaurant reviews (on left of screen) Read about Francois Plantation, oh la la!