Reload this Page >

SO MANY TO CHOOSE<PLEASE HELP!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Frankie

I am currently looking for an all inclusive good deal to somewhere BEAUTIFUL..and not oo long of a plane trip from NY (Upstate that is.), I have been to Jamaica recently, and would like somewhere that compares to it.<BR><BR>Just a few things we would like, such as:<BR>1. Beautiful sandy, calm beaches<BR>2. all inclusive<BR>3. not big party animals, so somewhere a bit quieter<BR>4. preferably no kids<BR><BR>Any help is appreciated. was thinking about The Cayman Islands, I heard the water there is very rough and choppy, any truth to this?

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Kim

Frankie:<BR><BR>Have you looked into Aruba? Aruba sounds like a place you may be interested in. Plus the weather is always perfect, no worries!!!

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 09:53 AM
beachlover

Antigua is a good spot. We just returned from there and stayed at Sandals. We really enjoyed this resort and it is all that you described. There is nightly entertainment but it is not a big &quot;party place&quot; and couples only, so no children. <BR><BR>Enjoy whatever you choose!

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Frankie

Thanks guys for your advice. There are so many places to consider, and now St John is in the mix too...lol...Thanks again!

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Penney

I too have heard wonderful things aobut St. John but do not think there is an all-inclusive there is that is how you want to go. <BR><BR>Try www.travelzoo.com It seems to list deals that are out there now. I also agree on Sandals Antigua and Halcyon too - both are beautiful properties and if you look on the web, you can get a good deal (just email me if you want a good site.). <BR><BR>A friend of mine stayed at the Allegro in Aruba and loved it.<BR><BR>Penney

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Jill

Sandals Antigua! No kids as it is couples only. Great food, nice beach, it's an AI, and it's up to you how involved you want to be with any activities. Very romantic to walk along the beach at night.<BR>Not sure who told you the water in the Cayman's is choppy. It's actually very tranquil as well as pristine, but I don't remember seeing an AI there. The nightlife is pretty much non-existent and not a lot of kids, probably because it's so expensive.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Why AI

I think if you do some research on villas, you may just find like so many of us that the experience of renting your own private villa is a wonderful and very romantic experience. <BR><BR>You have all the amenities as most hotels but the most important is privacy!!! One of the islands you mentioned is St. John. It is a wonderful gorgeous island. We have yet to go to Anguilla but from what we have heard it is not as lush and not as much to do as in St. John. We feel lucky and spoiled because it was our first choice and when we stepped off the dock from the ferry, all we could do was say WOW!!!!You have the best of both worlds on St. John. We fell in love with the island. As you can tell.<BR><BR>Bermuda is another lovely island but you don't have the access to your choice of villas as in St. John. Plus, the beaches are more exquisite looking.<BR><BR>Good luck in your choice.