Search

Snuba-ing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snuba-ing

My wife just dropped information on my lap about snuba-ing in St. John. Has anyone done this. It seems cool, but I haven't heard any testamonials about it. So what's up with it? Good experience or leave it?
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 08:11 AM

I can't attest to it myself, but I have some friends who did it and really enjoyed it.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 10:37 AM
KVR

Not familar with snubing per se. We are going to try the Sea Trek in St. Thomas though in May.

Here's a link with more info regarding snuba in St. Thomas/St. John:

http://www.visnuba.com/aboutsnuba.htm

I prefer the sea trek because I am legally blind without glasses. The Sea Trek allows me to keep my glasses on. I have just recently purchased prescription goggles for snorkling, but haven't had the opportunity to use them yet.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 12:00 PM

I tried it in St. Thomas (I think) back in 2001 or 2002. I thought it was pretty cool. Kinda gives the person an idea what scuba is like without all of the training. Personally, I think it's a good option for beginners. I also later got my scuba certification and I love it, too.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 12:22 PM

We are going to be in Cozumel next month. My daughter (13) said she wanted to snuba but I spoke to a dive instructor who said you have so much more freedom if you scuba dive... that when you snuba, you and a group of people are all connected to the same air source... therefore, you have to stay somewhat together as a group.

I told my daughter that and she is now taking a dive certification course here in San Diego prior to our trip.