Simpson Bay and Burgeaux Bay

Nov 11th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Simpson Bay and Burgeaux Bay

I'm going to St. Maarten next year and I am planning to rent a Villa in the area between Simpson Bay and Burgeaux Bay. Can anybody tell me if this area is a good / safe place to stay? Actually I choosed this area because I'm a plane spotter and I saw that is too close from the airport. Does it have a good access to the rest of the island? I'll be thankfull for any advice...
Edson Rabelo
Nov 11th, 2010, 04:05 PM

I stayed at Unforgettable Condo for 2 weeks on Simpson Beach (not bay) this past February and loved it. The year before we stayed at Villa Suzanne near Dawn Beach. I loved Unforgettable - it is close to the airport (but no noise that interferred with anything - anytime).....loved the beach - Mary's Boon and Karacter Beach Bar are walking distance. It's close to Simpson Bay restaurants as well as Cupecoy/Maho - and about 20 minutes to Phillipsburg - you can cut across conveniently to go to Marigot - I just can't say enough...if you want more info, please let me know.
Nov 12th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply BellaClaire. I've read many posts and some of them made me feel afraid about this area close to the airport at Burgeaux Bay, even more because I'm traveling with children. Your advices made me aware of the distances and I enjoyed that. Thanks a lot.
Nov 14th, 2010, 08:08 AM

Burgeuax Bay is a lovely area near the airport. it is a nice residential area with some nice villas and rental properties.
i am sure you will like it there.
Be sure to rent a car becasue there is not much within walking distance.
The Sunset bar and Grill is possibly within walking distance depending on
where your rental is. that is a great place to drink,eat and watch the planes come in low over the beach.
Simpson Bay and Maho Hotel area are also not far away by car and there are lots of restaurants and shops in those areas.
Be sure to stop at Karakter on Simpson bay beach..

http://www.karakterbeach.com/
It's a great little beach bar. They have jazz on Friday nights from 6 - 9 PM. its great to sit in the sand and watch the sunset and listen to the music.

Enjoy!
Nov 14th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot Barbara. I'm going to rent a car. And about the traffic, I read in some other posts that it's common to have traffic jam at Simpson Bay area, is it common all over the year? Or does it have any difference during the winter or summer season?