Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Secret Harbour-One Bedroom Beachfront Room Suites!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Julie

Hello~<BR><BR>My husband and I are going to Secret Harbour in St. Thomas next Saturday. I found out that all of the rooms are privately owned and look different...The one below looks so nice....has anyone that has been there have a one bed. beachfront room that they would recommend? It is better to be in Buildgns three or four on the top floor? Thank you!<BR><BR>http://www.caribbeantravelmag.com/eBrochure/Main/1,2967,2-1-2-10340-5-2,00.html<BR><BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 07:46 AM
virginia

My sister stayed in a one bedroom in the first building (we were in a studio in bldg. 3) and it was very nice. From what I can remember, they had little more wicker and floral prints than in the website you referenced, but it was as neat and clean as the picture. I liked our location in bldg.3 b/c the view was great and it felt a little more private. Bldg. 1 and 2 have a slightly easier access to the beach, but I'm really splitting hairs on this. When we go back, we intend to request bldg 3 again. I'm looking at a picture I took from our balcony - it looks like a postcard. Have a great time.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Julie

Virginia-<BR><BR>How does this resort compare to others you have stayed? I am a little nervous after reading some reviews....your thoughts? What does Secret Harbour compare to. Thanks!

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 11:43 AM
virginia

Julie-<BR>I don't know what to compare it to. It is quiet, and relaxed and we just felt right at home as soon as we checked in. If you want a nice beach, great rooms and easy access to good restaurants, it's hard to beat. What are you nervous about? Virginia

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 01:03 PM
Julie

No longer nervous...you have really helped. Did you rent a car when you were there? Is there a grocery store near by to get drinks, booze, food, etc.<BR><BR>Thanks-<BR>Julie

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 05:11 AM
chazz

We rented a car for the full week and were really glad we did.<BR><BR>There are two mid-sized grocery stores near Secret Harbour: the Marina Market in Red Hook and a new store (Food Mart?) in the opposite direction (a mile or two toward Charlotte Amalie). Both have booze. The Food Mart is roomier but I don't know if it actually has a greater selection.<BR><BR>For lower prices, there is a Pueblo supermarket closer to Charlotte Amalie.<BR>

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 05:22 AM
virginia

Julie-<BR>We didn't rent a car, and we wish we had. The cabs really add up, even when just going into Red Hook for dinner or the supermarket. That is the one thing we would do differently. Hope you have a great trip.<BR>Virginia