Secluded VERY PRIVATE beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I like to be nude when we can, but we are not into public nudity. We are looking for a villa in the Carribean or Central America where we will have total seclusion. Can anyone suggest a place? Many thanks
Old Dec 15th, 2005, 06:50 AM

Your post has Covecastles on Anguilla written all over it!! The most secluded, private, quiet, private place we ever saw, with its own private beach. We walked past there once and didn't see a soul. The villas are very luxurious and you get your own private maid. Very well-guarded but in an unobtrusive way. Definitely recommended for total privacy!
Old Dec 15th, 2005, 06:53 AM

I should perhaps add a note of caution here, though (after rereading your post): nudity is NOT encouraged on Anguilla. I have never seen any nude sunbathing there. So maybe Covecastles is not all that suitable after all... I would recommend, rather, that you look into St. Barths. Many villas available there, mostly very private. Sorry about the different recommendations.
Old Dec 15th, 2005, 07:32 AM

Nudity is against the law on most Caribbean islands that have a historical connection to Great Britian. On islands with a French heritage, nudity is not an issue so you might want to narrow your search to St. Barth's, St. Martin, Guadalupe, Ile des Saints, Marie Gallant and Martinique. You should have no trouble finding a suitable place on those islands.
Old Dec 15th, 2005, 08:12 AM

Anguilla would indeed be a great option, if luxe,pricey and frowning on nudity. You might also want to check out LOS ROQUES, fly into Gran Roque from La Ceiba/Venezuela, which has upscale pousadas/inns and dozens of deserted islets reachable by private boat where you are the only ones there.
Old Dec 15th, 2005, 12:27 PM

you might look at the southwest coast of costa rica. i don't know the laws there, but i found some extremely remote places to stay when i did some research a year or so ago.
Old Dec 15th, 2005, 02:13 PM

Been to Costa Rica 3x , never saw any nude bathers ,.... lots of remote beaches , but perhaps not in the vein these travellers seek !! lol
Old Dec 15th, 2005, 04:41 PM

Goodness - nudity isn't "frowned upon" or "not encouraged" in Anguilla -- it's ILLEGAL. I think respecting local laws is the least one can do as a tourist. St. Barts is an excellent option -- ask the question at sbhonline.com & you'll definitely find what you are looking for!
Old Dec 16th, 2005, 05:28 AM

This is a very touchy subject on this board. If you want to sunbathe in the nude and do it without giving offense to either locals or other tourists, consider renting a villa with privacy walls and a pool. It's not the beach, but you would be free to walk about in the all together.

I've read a quotation atributed to the owner of Petit St Vincent resort who said that "some guests only get dressed to come to dinner." It's a private island resort and you could find plenty of spots on the island for the privacy you crave. Perhaps other private island resorts offer the same thing.

As a rule of thumb, topless or nude sunbathing is more accepted on islands with a history of Dutch or French imperialism. There are clothing optional stretches of beach on other islands, such as part of Negril in Jamaica. There is also a large clothing optional beach in Antigua. I've been to the one in Antigua and it has thatched umbrellas and beach chairs for anyone who cares to use it. I never saw more than 8 people on it.
Old Dec 16th, 2005, 05:52 AM

When we were in Turks & Caicos, a couple with us did a boat tour where they took you to your own private island and left you alone for 4 hours with a stocked picnic basket and then picked you back up. They were definitely nude on their trip.

Our group did a clothed private island trip [it was fabulous, fresh lobster & conch barbecue on the beach....]. Anyway as we were heading out to our island, we passed a man strolling naked on his 'island' so be careful! ;o)
Trish
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 07:45 AM

If I'm reading your post correctly, you said you were looking for a private villa where you could be nude - not on a beach or in public. Check out St John. Many, many villas there. Many with, as they put it, "clothing optional privacy".
Old Dec 17th, 2005, 02:50 PM

Yes nude bathing in Anguilla is VERY illegal. I stayed at Cap Juluca and the Junior Suites in each villa have solariums for private sunbathing. Take advantage of this especially if you can get a roof top one (#5 room)