Anguilla and/or St. Barts?

Jan 8th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Anguilla and/or St. Barts?

Hello! I am planning my 8-9 day honeymoon for the first week of June. We are interested in St. Bart's and Anguilla. Is it possible to do both places easily? Also, we're looking at Cap Juluca in Anguilla and Hotel Guanahani or Isle de France in St. Barts. Are these good places to stay? Anyone know a good less expensive option in St. Barts? Thanks in advance for your help!
Jan 8th, 2004, 01:30 PM

It's easy to do both islands, and you've chosen the best resorts (IMO) on each. But I dare say there's no "good inexpensive" option on St. Bart's. And that's probably one big reason St. Bart's maintains its non-trashy, no slum character. I'm sure you'll be pleased with those plans.
Jan 8th, 2004, 02:17 PM

think about a private Villa (1/2 the Guest rooms on SB), esp since most still quote in the free falling USD, the hotels you mentioned are in (+30%) Euros. The gorgeous vistas on St. Barts make it WAY prettier in our opinion than perfectly flat Anguilla--- not to mention it's sexy, sophisticated, with great food too. One last thing, that time of year it's especially nicer to be up a little higher as there is less breeze down near the beach then. Have a great trip!
Jan 9th, 2004, 05:23 AM

Hi, my husband and I have stayed on both islands, on St Barts we stayed at Village St Jean many times, the reason we like it there is the cottages are very private it is centrally located on the island and they have a very inexpensive package plan for the summer months, its not glitz and glamour but it is very nice the rooms have just recently been remodeled, they have a pool that is almost always empty and they are very clean and friendly. The only thng we did not really care for was their restaurant. The beaches are beautiful and very topless and with the pacakage deal you recieve a rental 4 wheel drive suzuki to travel the island with ease. In Anguilla we stayed 4 or 5 times at La Sirena which is just off Meads Bay which is a great beach, there are two pools also which are mostly empty, they have rooms and small villas. One year we stayed at Captains Cove resort, it was very nice and very modern the only draw back is you must drive to any of the beaches on the island. Anguilla has gorgeous beaches they are not topless as St Barts but I have seen it during the summer when we have gone on secluded areas of the beaches beside in the summer the beaches are mostly empty and have Europeans on them, I have indulged in topless tanning there myself in the summer months and have only come across amybe six people while doing so in all the years we have gone.There are some very upscale resorts on both islands, we have always gone the other route to resorts less expensive so we can visit the islands 3 or 4 times per year as oppossed to only once or twice. We usually have a good amount of frequent flyer miles to take multiple trips.
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:22 PM

Hello! My husband and I will be staying in Cap Juluca for 7 days. I just read that some people prefered St.Barths I hope I make the right desicion. What you decide?
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:49 PM

sandry--you made a great decision, cap jaluca is terrific. You can still take a day trip to St. Bart's, or to St. Martin, Cap Jaluca can help you with arrangements. Anguilla's beaches much better than St. Bart's.
Mar 8th, 2005, 05:49 PM

Thank you! I can wait to get there!!!!!
Mar 9th, 2005, 03:30 AM
ALR

You can check with Cap Juluca about their arrangements with one of the hotels on St. Barth's. They offer a split between hotels on the two islands.
Mar 9th, 2005, 11:57 AM

We used to split our time between St Barts & Anguilla and loved our time on both. We went to just Anguilla one year and that's been it ever since -- haven't been back to St Barts. With Anguilla, it's the people that make it special and the beaches that make it extraordinary.
Mar 10th, 2005, 04:53 PM

But I already make the reservations in Cap Juluca.We will take day trips to St.Barts.
Mar 10th, 2005, 04:55 PM

Do you stay in a hotel in St.Barts or you did day trips from Anguilla?