Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
save at atlantis

how to keep costs down@ Atlantis?
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 09:05 AM

My two key suggestions would be to stay at the Comfort Inn/Suites (I guess it's just across the street) since they have an arrangement that let's you use all Atlantis facilities and eat off the resort. We stayed in the Beach Tower and ate on the resort but others can tell you where to eat.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 12:03 PM

My first reaction is to say - Stay elsewhere. Atlantis is expensive, and they will nickel and dime you at every opportunity. That being said, there are ways around the high cost of food an activities. FIRST.. bring snack, juice boxes and a folding cooler. Buy soda and beer at the nearby liguor and grocery store and don't get ripped off at Atlantis paying $7.50 for an $.89 bottle of water.
Second.. eat off the premises.. there's plenty of local restaurants nearby.. from breakfast and lunch spots like News Cafe, Choosey's and Quizno to great food like Zio Gigi, Columbus Tavern, Blue Lagoon or even Anthonys. There's nearby bar and grill Green Parrot that has good food at the right price (www.greenparrotbar.com

As for activites, bring your own snorkeling gear. (Sam's club or walmart's will do). And check in with the tour desk for things to do OUTSIDE the property.

From snorkeling and diving to exploreing forts, pirate museums, marching flamingo's at the zoo and more.

Talk to the locals.. they'll give you ideas on where to go to stretch your dollars.

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 05:16 PM

Comfort Suites is a 5-7 minute walk and lets you use all the facilities at Atlantis. Breakfast is included and you get a small refrigerator in the room. Any of the restaurants mentioned by scubagirl are going to be cheaper that anything at Atlantis.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 05:40 AM

There are also the condos that are part of Atlantis (Harbor view or harbor side...I can't remember the exact name) They are full condos with kitchens, so you may pay a little more for the place, but have full privledges at Atlantis and can fix breakfast/ lunch at the condo...saving you a ton. They are also great if you have a few families traveling together or a large family. It's worth taking a look as the Atlantis food/drink prices are rediculous. You can also bring a suitcase with snacks, cereal, etc. Check with what the Bahamas will allow you to bring in as we even packed a soft cooler and checked it as luggage when we went to the BVI's filled with steak, chicken, cheese, etc. Hope this helps.