sans souci ocho rios

Old Sep 25th, 2003, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

sans souci ocho rios

Can I get some feedback from anyone who has been here recently??? I saw some absolutely incredible prices for this resort....unless they are a misprint, I am going for it! The pricing was forhte "verandah suites", is anyone familiar with them??
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 10:02 AM

I've never been to this resort, but I would love to hear about the incredible prices you found. I've recently priced them and it was incredible alright - incredibly high! Of course, I was pricing Feb. of '04, so that may be why. Please let me know. thanks.
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

The 2004 TNT Vacations book has a land only package , 7 nights for $1095/person. Considering the resort, that is incredibly reasonable. I am calling today - I fear it is a misprint!!!!
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 12:49 PM

What is the TNT Vacations book and where do you get one? You're right, that IS an incredible price. Please let me know what you find out after you call them.
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

TNT vacations like GWV Travel is discounted trvel from the EAST coast, mostly New England area...where are you located??
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 07:36 AM

I'm located smack-dab in the middle of the US (more or less), so I guess I wouldn't be able to benefit from TNT or GWV. Darn it! Were you able to find out if that is, indeed, a correct publication of the price?
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

From what I understand, the Sans Souci is no longer managed by Grand Lido which may have something to do with it. Whne I called to confirm pricing, TNT told my travel agent that they will have 2004 prices competely "loaded" into their computer system on 9/30 (whatever that means)- so I cannot confirm the price until then....weird. I am beginning to wonder about things here.....I'll let you know as soon as I hear.
Old Oct 4th, 2003, 06:12 AM

paulalou

Hi, what have you found out?

Ruby
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 02:32 AM

Just wanted to let you know that I booked Sans Souci at a great price a few weeks ago. Has anyone been lately? We usually went to the lidos but never made it to Sans Souci so we are really looking forward to it.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Sorry about the delay replying......TNT Vacations has a great land only price for the Sans Souci - this works great if you live in the New England area.....$1049/per person for 7 nights, all inclusive - this is the lowest price room - but even the ones with the jacuzzi were only $400 more. Anyone who has looked to book the Sans Souci knows it is usally about $5000 for the week for 2 people! So if you can travel from Hartford or Boston....this is a great deal. The only problemis, since TNT does not offer charter flights to Jamiaca, you cannot book it online at TNT Vacations...you have to call in to a travel agent who deals with TNT. We saw some $511 airfares to Montego Bay last week - this would be a great deal for someone - FYI -we were looking at march travel, which is peak time.....
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 10:41 AM

paulalou: I've gotten some great pricing from discount-all-inclusive.com (I haven't used their services before, but I've read several posts that give them good reviews). For 7 nights (verandah suite), including airfare for 2 people, it's 3,360. The airfare from OKC kills us! This is pricing for Feb., 04.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 05:30 PM

My husband and I went to stayed at the Radisson in Aruba for our honeymoon and we loved it. The people are so friendly in Aruba and it is very safe. There is much more to do in Aruba than Curacao. Curacao has some beautiful beaches. I did not feel safe in Caracao, the natives did not like Americans. Also, there is not much nightlife in Curacao. We went to Aruba from September 21 - 28 and had great weather. I have heard that October is the rainy season. Best Wishes!
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 06:41 AM

Nothing recent. We stayed there almost 15 years ago and it was fabulous. I haven't been back since Superclubs took over the resort. Now they are gone, huh... I hope they didn't trash it and commercialize it. It was an uncut gem way back when. We had a one bedroom suite ocean view suite. It was totally perfect. Babs