Reload this Page >

Sandals Royal Hicacos, Varadero, Cuba.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 02:41 AM
Martin

Some of you may be aware that there have been several "false starts" regarding when this resort is open.<BR><BR>Are there any posters on here (or do you know anybody) actually booked to go during October?<BR><BR>According to the latest information I have it should be open NOW but I'm not so sure....<BR><BR>Regards<BR>Martin

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Martin

ttt

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 11:49 AM
mike

I'm going there in January it better not be a building site !

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Martin

ttt

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 04:40 PM
laura

Sandals Hicacos is NOT OPEN....it is scheduled to open early November --even that is pushing it...I would say it will be December before they are fully operational.....Originally they were to open in the Spring time....I saw the resort in July, and the rooms were finished (most), the foundations and everything built, but nowhere from being finished!!

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 01:56 AM
Melissa

are you Laura from Sears?

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Maria

Melissa, are you able to say what agency you work for?

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Melissa

Why? I could type it in, but we are not supposed to advertise on this forum

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Martin

Hi Laura<BR><BR>Thanks for the information.<BR><BR>You seem very certain that it isn't open. Are you able to say what your source is as I have information (second-hand) that it is open NOW?<BR><BR>I'm not doubting that you are correct - just want to compare your information to mine.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Martin

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Maria

Melissa,<BR><BR>Just curious cause I've seen some of your past posts and you talk about your fam trips and stuff. Just curious, no big deal and no problem if you don't wanna type it in.

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 03:12 AM
Martin

Should be a big group of Ontario Electricians arriving TODAY!<BR><BR>Anybody got any news?

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 03:09 PM
BILL

We toured SANDALS last Friday,it was supposed to open the next day.I laughed in our guides face.I personnaly counted over 30 workers, and by that, I mean construction workers.We were allowed to see one room, a garden suite, absolutely gorgeous,well appointed,nice double soaking tub in all rooms,at least that's what we were told.The main restaurant, a most incredible structure,called the "Caribe"was not open,plywood all over the room.Their is no sea view,at all.Painters were evreywhere, electricians running wire,in my opinion,I would'nt book this property for at least another 3-4 months.As I said, it will be a fabulous property but just not now.One thing I thought was neat ,was their fitness centre, it;s open air, under a thatched roof,really nice.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Lisa

It is definatly open and there are pictures posted on the web at: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martin.dearnley/index.html<BR><BR>Along with a full trip report of people that went from the UK. It sounds great, not all the rooms were finished, but being that it is low season they don't need them all right now anyway. Hope this clears things up, and that it gives the people who are going soon a little peace of mind.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 08:15 AM
Martin

I've had to move that trip report. You will now find it here:<BR><BR>http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martin.dearnley/cuba

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Nadia

Thank you soooo much for the site with the pictures! I was getting really worried about the resort not being open in time for my trip there next <BR>March 28, 2003.<BR><BR>I'm planning on getting married and spending my honeymoon there so surely you can understand my insecurities! <BR>But i've got to say that the pictures have really helped me put my mind at ease.<BR><BR>Thank you so much for your generosity!<BR><BR>Sincerely,<BR><BR>N.Romanin<BR> Montreal, Canada

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 01:48 AM
Neil

Thanks for the information and photos.<BR><BR>I booked this holiday in March of this year as a surpise 10th Wedding Anniversary present for my wife and we visit Cuba in mid March next year.<BR><BR>The reports had been worrying me for months but it is great to see how the resort looks now.<BR><BR>Again many thanks for taking the time to collate the report.<BR><BR>Neil<BR>Cambridge<BR>UK

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 02:04 PM
Ken Holstein

A valued travel agent of ours stayed at the newly opened Sandals W/O Nov.18.02.<BR>She and her husband loved it.<BR>Best Sandals she has seen.<BR>Freindly courteous staff , Excellennt beach etc.<BR>She liked so much , they went back W/O Dec.2.02.<BR>Good recommendation , We booked for W/O Dec.28.