Search

sandals resorts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2003, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sandals resorts

Has anyone been? If so which location? How did you like it? What was there to see and do? Thanks.
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 12:04 PM

To which resort?
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 12:07 PM

Reread the question!<BR><BR>WE have been to many in Jamaica, Bahamas, Halcyon in St. Lucia and Sandals Antigua. We have had a positive experience at each one but they are all different in some ways so picking a resort depends on what you are looking for ina vacation and how much you do want to see the island.<BR><BR>We love Jamaica - the people are so wonderful, there is tons to see and do and there is jsut such an alive feeling there. Best Sandals, we feel, in Jamaica are Ocho Rios, Royal, and NEgril.<BR><BR>Antigua - beautiful property; very lush and tropcial. Alot to see onthe island but felt it wasnot as pretty in scenery as other islands.<BR><BR>St. Lucia - absolutely breath taking. The mountains where they meet the ocean are jsut beautiful., It is a very green island. <BR><BR>Bahamas - very american in feel. Resort there is very over priced.<BR><BR>Penney
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 02:08 PM

I honeymooned at Sandals Antigua last year and we really enjoyed the resort. As Penpen stated, the grounds are very lush and tropical. The beach is large and spread out with calm, aquamarine water. Our room was comfortable and kept very clean, service was good as was the food/drinks (food is not spectacular, but you don't visit an All-inclusive for the food). We enjoyed having access to the watersports equipment anytime we wanted. There was also nightly entertainment which was usually a local steel drum band and the disco and piano bar opened after that, so there was always plenty to do or you could do nothing at all. <BR><BR>I will say that I would not pay full price to stay at the resort but with the 30% off, I say go for it - it's worth it. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 02:03 PM

Thank you for your replys. Appreciate the help. <BR>What are we looking for in a vacation, huh? Well, we want it to be romantic, love the idea of clear and calm water on the beach, have read that their activities are fun, love the idea of having everything included (like taxes and tips and so on..notice on their website that it said &quot;No tipping allowed&quot, wondered what season is best costs wise, (we were thinking of going in spring). We never had a honeymoon and just wanted to celebrate our 20th is a nice fashion. Thought about a cruise but we've done that (plus wife worries since the Virus struck a while back) thought about Mexico too but then saw Sandals in a magazine ad and thought we'd look into it and see if it's all they describe in their ad. We're not &quot;party animals&quot; so not looking for that kind of place. <BR>Just a place we can unwind and enjoy each other for a week without our kiddies. LOL
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 02:05 PM

Don't know why it says &quot;gluvscats&quot; under author on the first post. I posted it, not gluvscat