Sandals Negril vs. others

Sep 7th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Sandals Negril vs. others

I have stayed at Sandals Negril for 3 years does anyone have other suggestions or comparisons for all inclusive?
Sep 7th, 2007, 08:06 PM

If you liked Sandals, I would definitely recommend sandals grande st. lucia. It was absolutely beautiful!
Sep 8th, 2007, 02:10 PM

If you want to continue going to Jamaica but want a change from Sandals try one of the Couples Resorts.

I have been told that Couples includes more off site tours than Sandals but since I personally haven't been to one I don't know for sure. The other thing I've been told is at Sandals they push more to get people to join in the activities. Here again it's just what others who have stayed at both have said.

I personally have stayed at Couples Resorts 10 times and will be returning again next Feb. Our favorite is Couples Ocho Rios. It's very romantic with old world charm.

You can photos of our trips and trip reports about our stays on my web site at www.roselynn.net

Sep 8th, 2007, 04:16 PM

Because you have stayed at Sandals Negril for 3 years, I'm guessing you like Sandals. We found Sandals Antigua to be our favorite of all of them. You can dine to your heart's content there. The resort is set on Dickenson Bay, the island's best and most famous beach. It has the most charm of all the Sandals, IMO.
Sep 8th, 2007, 05:57 PM
KVR

We were disappointed with the Sandals properties in St. Lucia. We stayed at the Grande and visited the Regency. It just didn't meet up to all the hype. However, St. Lucia is a very beautiful Island.

We enjoyed the Sandals Royal Bahamian in Nassau. Nicer layout, better resturants, excellant staff. Didn't like Nassau though.

If I picked another Sandals it would be Dunns River in Ocho Rios or Sandals Antigua. Love the look of the pools. Dunns River gets really good reviews.

From research, I do think you'll get more for your money at the Couples resorts in Jamaica vs. a Sandals proerty. The rooms are cheaper (at least from our area) and most of the off site tours are included. However, we don't care for the au natural/topless concept and the pools are a bit drab.

We just returned from The Royal Playa del Carmen, MX. The resort is by far the best AI hotel we have ever been to. The food was really good, staff very nice and accomendating, pool nice, the rooms are fabulous. All rooms are suites with in room bar, stocked frig and a real jacuzzi. One of the things I don't like about Sandals is their ridiculous over-priced room catagories. The little things that The Royal provide shows they really know how to do AI.