San Juan Airbnbs

Old Jan 2nd, 2020, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

San Juan Airbnbs

Hope someone can point out some nice "mid-level" Airbnbs or other vacation rentals on the eastern side of San Juan. We will have only two days in San Juan, where we hope to tour the old town, and then drive to the beaches and islands. Thanks so much!
Old Jan 2nd, 2020, 04:06 PM

For me I would never to an AirBnB in a place I was unfamiliar with. I think there's just too much that can go wrong. Plus when it is only for 2 days, the cleaning fees, etc. often offset any possible savings over a hotel stay.

Hopefully someone else chimes in with some 1st hand experiences for you.
Old Jan 3rd, 2020, 04:23 AM

I don't have specific info on accommodation in San Juan as I've stayed in hotels both times I've been, but I have used AirBnB in unfamiliar places very successfully. It is no different to booking a hotel or condo in an unfamiliar place, you still have to research it. I've only booked complete apartments/condos thru AirBnB, not rooms in someones home. But for only 2 days I do agree that a hotel is probably a better option.
Old Jan 3rd, 2020, 06:48 AM

If you don't want to stay at a resort, an alternative to AirBnB might be a parador. These are small inns that provide some of the amenities of a hotel but are typically more budget friendly.

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/a...or-puerto-rico

I always stay at hotels/resorts when I go to Puerto Rico so I can't recommend any particular one.

If you are still looking for accomodations for your days in Old San Juan, El Convento is a pretty cool hotel.
Old Jan 4th, 2020, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone who responded with helpful advice!