Sam Lord's Castle

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2002, 07:34 AM
Dawn

Sam Lord's Castle

Anyone been here or have feedback?

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:20 AM
fiona

we went 2 years ago and enjoyed it although it is really quite isolated. Entertainment at night was not good. this year we went to the south west coast and much preferred it. any specific questions you have I will happily answer.

Old May 14th, 2002, 12:10 PM
steph

Fiona<BR>Where did you stay recently on the south/west coast??? Any good restaurants to recommend???

Old May 14th, 2002, 12:31 PM
John

We stayed at Sam Lord's castle 2 years ago and really enjoyed it.Thought it was a very special place & beautifuly located ,the beaches there were not swimable ,(dangerous under currents,not even the locals who kwow the beaches well dare to go in !) the hotel does provide transportations to other nearby beaches...Barbados is a marverlous island.You can rent car and safely tour the entire island .Enjoy !

Old May 14th, 2002, 01:23 PM
fiona

stayed at Club Rockley. Hillside studios are great but would not recommend some of the other clusters, they can be basic. As it was AI we only went to one restaurant- Pisces, which was great. However also went to Oistins and tasted the best fish ever! Friends went to Josefs and raved about it.

Old May 20th, 2002, 03:56 AM
Lois

Dawn,<BR>Sam Lord's is far from everything. Rooms are not up to par. Beach is very pretty but rough waters -- it's on the wild Atlantic side.<BR><BR>From the South Coast, more driveable to nice restaurants on the South & West coasts.<BR><BR>I'd check into something on the south or west if it were me.