Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Runaway Hill, Coral Sands or Rock House?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please help need suggestions on these hotels.
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 09:47 AM

Between these three, I would pick Runaway Hill, but since that's my favorite....lol. Seriously, Runaway and Coral Sands are right on the beach. Runaway is smaller only 12 rooms, with a lovely pool/deck and steps to the beach. My favorite room is the room next to the office.

If Runaway is not available, then I would probably stay at Rock House, which is on the Harbour Side of the island, and has an amazing view of the bay and Eleuthera and the sunset. Rock House is new only open a couple of years and there is a nice pool area, excellent reviews on food and it's steps from the dock, close to all the other restaurants on island and about a 5 minute walk to the beach on the other side of the island.

Coral Sands is also a good choice, it is larger than the other resorts, 30 something rooms. It's right on the beach with a cute beach bar/restaurant, lovely pool and most of the rooms have ocean views.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks wantsomesun for the information. Will probably be asking for more advice as we get closer to leaving for Harbour Island.
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 04:49 PM

Hi, revo,

I'm so envious of you going to Harbour Island soon, we loved our visit there a few years ago. We stayed at the Coral Sands and were pleasantly surprised at how lovely the rooms are, how beautiful the view from the rooms is and how ideal the beach location was. The restaurant deck that sits over the beach with stunning turquoise ocean views didn't stink either. Depends on what you want. I seem to remember Runaway Hill being on the other side of the island from CS, not on the long stretch of pink sand (correct me if I'm wrong - I might be think of Ramora Bay.) I can't imagine not having been able to take morning strolls down the beach from my hotel.

Best wishes on making your decision and on your visit to beautiful quaint little HI.
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 03:29 PM

Runaway Hill is on the same beach as Coral Sands and probably only 50 yards+ between each other on the beach. Runaway Hill, too, has a fabulous porch from which to view the ocean as well as from the pool area.

Its all good!