Riu Bahamas

Nov 30th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

Riu Bahamas

Just received an email from RIU offering a special for their new resort in the Bahamas. Anyone have anything to offer regarding this location or RIU in general?
Thanks, Lisa S
Nov 30th, 2004, 09:21 AM

RIU took over the old Sheraton Grand on Paradise Island.. just next door to the Atlantis on the east side. Since it's not yet open to the public, you can't really get a review. It's location on Cabbage Beach, the same beach shared by Atlantis and Ocean Club.
Dec 5th, 2004, 04:40 AM

Lisa,

We received the email too and I lost it in a change from dialup to DSL service.

I will tell you about the Riu hotels and hope you will forward the email you received to me.

We have stayed at several Riu's and as far as we are concerned they are a best kept secret. We have never been disappointed. They are first class, all inclusive with amazing food. The room are decorated in solid upper end furniture are usually spacious and have luxury linens. Even in Spain they were top notch.

They first started in Europe I believe, and are expanding into America(Florida recently) and the Carribean.

We will go there at some point because we know we can trust this company to do a bang up job with this one in the Bahamas.

I really think you should try it now at that email offer. Now please, please send the offer on to me.

Ann
Dec 5th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your rating oof the Riu Resorts. We have tried Sandals (7 times), Grand Lido (twice) and Paradisus (3 times) so I'm always on the lookout for quality AI resorts. I don't have the actual email anymore, but this is the thread they had attached.
http://www.paradiseislandriu.com/?stlnocount=true
Thanks, Lisa S
Dec 7th, 2004, 05:26 AM

do a search for Riu hotels and you will get their homepage for Paradise island.they are advertising an opening special $114 per person a night.
Aug 17th, 2007, 03:48 PM

Does anyone know are the bees and the bugs on Paradise Island at the RIU?
Aug 20th, 2007, 12:37 PM

Has anyone seen bees on paradise island at the resorts?
Aug 20th, 2007, 12:54 PM

tommyboy - I've come across your question on other forums, and really don't understand what you are looking for. There is not a resort in a warm weather island or country that does not have bees. Resort that serve food, beverages, sticky sodas etc will all have a bee or two.

I realize that some people are highly allergic, but you won't find a resort that will tell you that they are 'bee free". Resort spray for insects and mosquitoes... but none will guarantee that a bee won't find it's way onto the property.

RUI is no exception.