Ritz Carlton, St. Thomas

Old May 19th, 1999, 06:36 AM
John

Ritz Carlton, St. Thomas

My wife and I will be staying at the Ritz in early July. We LOVE St. Thomas, but have never stayed at the Ritz.

Any comments (positive + negative) would be appreciated!

Old May 19th, 1999, 08:01 AM
John S.

Balbusta,

Be sure to get the breakfast buffet added to your package. We have stayed at several Ritz Resorts and found that they do the same type buffet style at most of their properties. It is the best value for the money and the variety and quality of the food is what you would expect.

Cheers.

Old May 20th, 1999, 07:53 AM
John

John,

Thanks for your reply concerning the breakfast buffet. I, too, have stayed at a number of Ritz locations around the globe. I am curious to learn if you can reccomend a specific building in the St. Thomas location that would offer the best ocean views. According to the resort map, it appears that "Freesia" is closed to the beach, and thus may perhaps offer the best location. Do you agree?

Old May 20th, 1999, 11:03 AM
John S.

John.

The Freesia Building is the place to be for ocean views. I also prefer the suites on the third floor of the Eugenia building on the bayward corner because you get more beach view.

Have Fun.

Old May 21st, 1999, 12:31 PM
John

Anyone have any suggestions for day-trips of sailing and snorkeling? Has anyone sailed on the Ritz's Lady Lynsey?

Old May 22nd, 1999, 01:43 PM
Emily Connolly

Great snorkeling at Sapphire Beach and at Coki beach. Go to Coki early before the cruise ships get in. Coki has a problem with pickpockets - leave your valuables at the hotel. Sapphire is better( in my opinion) and attracts less people. Great little restaurant there for lunch, too.
Take the ferry from Red Hook to St. John and go to Trunk Bay - go very early, before the cruise ships get in !!A day trip to the Baths would also give you great snorkeling as well. There is a naturalist named Lucy (?last name) who does half day trips from Caneel Bay. Her trips are super if you want to go from there, or if she can pick you up where you get the ferry in St. John. Hope this helps!!

Old May 24th, 1999, 04:08 PM
Ilana

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz last June and absolutely loved it. It was the most luxurious pampering experience (and we've been to some nice places). We sailed on the Lady Lynsey and thought it was fabulous and worth the high price tag. The only slightly disappointing thing was the seafood buffet at one of the restaurants - not worth the money. Have fun.

Old Jun 22nd, 1999, 09:08 AM
Tracy

My husband and I honeymooned at the Ritz in St. Thomas 5 years ago when it was still the Grand Palazzo hotel. It was abosolutely glorious - beautiful grounds, pamering staff, wonderful food and a very nic, quiet beach and pool area. We went in October, during low (and hurricane) season, but the weather was beutiful and we felt like we had the resort to ourselves. We stayed in the Freesia building (I think they kept the names the same) It was paradise there! (I'm probaly biased, too because of my blissful newlywed state of mind on that trip!) I would highly recommend this property - I'm sure that the Ritz has maintained the standards that Grand Palazzo did...