Reload this Page >

young couple needs negril advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 1999, 01:07 PM
a

I am planning a trip to Negril at the end of June. My boyfriend and I are looking for a nice place to stay where we won't feel like we are trapped in a resort. We want to be able to explore a bit, but have a nice home base hotel. And we are on a bit of a budget. How much should I expect to spend? Should we go for these all-inclusive deals? Any hotel suggestions?

Old Jun 6th, 1999, 03:31 PM
Rosie

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon in Negril. I spent a LOT of time looking at places to stay.....we ended up at Sandals because we wanted to splurge on our honeymoon. <BR>Negril is wonderful. The people are nice everywhere you go, there's always something going on when you walk up and down the beach, it's just beautiful. We are going back for 10 days next year. <BR>I have to tell you that I loved the all-inclusive thing. We never had to worry about money, I ate more than I ever have, I learned how to Scuba Dive, learned how to sail, learned how to dance jamaican - all without spending a dime extra! My husband loved it because he hates to worry about tipping, running out of money, etc. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. We never felt trapped on the resort - I walked quite a ways up and down the beach and it was great. Bought some really cool stuff for friends. <BR>Feel free to email me for info. <BR>IRIE!!

Old Jun 7th, 1999, 07:11 AM
sharon

Try the T-Water hotel. Smaller hotel with it's own bar and restaurant. Close to town (5- 10 minute walk) Clean well run hotel with large rooms and very friendly staff. Buffet breakfast and lunch is included. This lets you get out and visit other places for dinner. With the all-inclusives you are pretty much tied to your own resort.Beautiful beach. (hint: walk into town your first day and buy a couple bottles of liquor and mixes and fix your own. We always gave the bartender $1 a day and he fixed us up with all the ice we could want.) You can also find snack type stuff at the same grocery store, lots cheaper than on the hotel grounds) Another hint, if you want to tip the waitresses, make sure you give it to them personally, if you leave it on the table, the manager will snag it. ENJOY!

Old Jun 7th, 1999, 10:34 AM
Liz

Look into Charela Inn, Beachcomber, Rondel. These are all moderate priced, clean, on the beach and highly recommended. You don't need to do all inclusive - the food is cheap in Negril. At Charela they have a meal plan with a garden view room for the summer $999 for 2 people with 3 meals a day for 7 nights. Here is the link and you can see the rooms http://negril.com/cinwhtnw.htm

Old Jun 7th, 1999, 11:49 AM
a

Thanks for the tips. Anyone know anything abouy Negril Gardens?

Old Jun 8th, 1999, 09:25 AM
Michel

Hi Ann... You might also want to consider Point Village. Located about 10 minutes from Negril, it offers great activities, food, service... You can also take a sunset cruise to Rick's café (the most gorgeous sunset I've experienced). Snorkeling is great from the quiet beach, and there is a dive centre on-site. <BR>

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 10:34 AM
Liz

I stayed at Negril Gardens about 5 years ago. It is nice, but the ones I mentioned above - I think are a step above. It is clean and they have a few rooms right on the beach. They are hard to get however.

Old Jun 13th, 1999, 07:38 AM
Lisa

Anyone heard of the White Sands in Negril? <BR>Will possibly stay there in November.

Old Jun 22nd, 1999, 06:05 AM
c

Consider the Seasplash Hotel. It's a small, intimate all-suite facility on the beach. An added plus--all the rooms have full kitchens. <BR>

Old Jun 22nd, 1999, 10:33 AM
Lydia

Please tell me where Negril is - sounds like a great place!