Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton - San Juan

Search

Ritz-Carlton - San Juan

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Nancy

Ritz-Carlton - San Juan

The "girls" are making their first trip to PR and leaving the men and children behind! Anyone out there ever stay at the Ritz? Rain forest sounds like a must -- anyone do any bicycle riding? I welcome any info you have to share. Thanks!

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:00 PM
H

I'm a bit biased (someone in my immediate family is an exec. VP for the Ritz Carlton hotels) but....it's truly the best hotel in San Juan. Having said that, I can't say that I'm overall impressed with San Juan itself. The beach is OK; the spa is nice; and the restaurants are first-rate. <BR><BR>Just remember...San Juan is a major business hub. The Ritz has more New Yorkers than you might expect. The last time my husband and I were there, we sat in the jacuzzi filled with New York Stock Brokers. It was as if we never left home. <BR><BR>If you're not set on going to PR, the Ritz in STT REALLY nice. <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 05:41 AM
Jim

I agree with the other poster. The hotel is very nice but the beach is just okay and SJ itself is a verybusy city. We recently had a great time at the Westin Rio Mar about 45 minutes from SJ.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Laura

I agree about the Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas. Beautiful. I am spending 2 nights at the Ritz-Carlton SJ in April and and am looking forward to it. <BR><BR>Hey H, any news from your family member about Ritz Carlton pulling out of SJ? There is an article about it in the Puerto Rico newspaper in January about it.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Jake

I live in SJ and do a lot of business at the Ritz and also enjoy the restaurants with my family. They are first class!! Breakfast Buffets are unbelievable, Friday night's seafood extravaganza is more than I could explain and The Vineyard (fine dining) is truly an experience. Our beaches in the southern coast are much better of course but the beach at the ritz is worth the trip. As for New Yorkers, well that's alot of the travel business troughout the island.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 04:52 AM
tom

I love the Ritz Carlton in San Juan. If you can, try to book a club level room (they are running a summer special right now). FIve presentations of food and beverages throughout the day. It's great.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 06:07 AM
RAE

The Wall Street Journal wrote a recent article about the decline in standards at the Ritz-Carlton chain. The San Juan location was mentioned several times in very negative ways by people interviewed in the article.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 08:03 AM
tom

I didn't see that article but I was there last summer and did not notice a decline in the standards - accomodations and service were excellent.