Search

Ritz Carlton

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ritz Carlton

Heading to the Ritz Carlton in San Juan for business in May (luckily my company has a great corporate rate -- which is rare -- something about the location allows it to be approved) with my husband. He will be alone during the day for three days.

I have read that you can go deep sea fishing. What other activities can anyone recommend? He's not much of a lay around the pool all day long for three days guy.

How is the hotel? There is certainly a mixed bag of reviews out there.

How about some good dinner recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

Anybody?
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 05:05 AM

Kindra- I have never stayed at the hotel, but my husband and I walked the grounds and had dinner there and thought it was very nice. My gripe with the hotel is most rooms do not have balconies and the windows do not open-- you have to pay extra to have a balcony room- alot extra. We stayed at the El san juan (next door) and loved it, but it is more lush and authentic PR than the Ritz which is , well, a Ritz. I would bet teh rooms at the ritz are nicer. That said, we are going to PR in May and may stay at the new Paradisus, or the Ritz. If you want to read reveiws, go to www.tripadvisor.com and look up the property. However, I would read the reviews with a grain of salt. People tend to have one bad experience and write scathing reviews when they may not be completely warranted.
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 05:09 AM

Oh- and as for restaurants, Pikayo (sp?) was wonderful-- a short cab ride. Also, make sure you go to the El San Juan for the lobby at night- it becomes a great scene with dancing, people watching, etc.
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Rob

I have stayed at both the Ritz and the El San Juan during the past year. The Ritz is comparable to the El San Juan and the rooms at both were tastefully decorated. The beach and the pool are fine at both. I would not hesitate to stay at either. For local fare and very popular with locals is the
Metropole a l 5 minute walk from the Ritz. Do visit the lobby at the El San Juan on a Friday or Saturday night.The El San Juan is not exactly "next door". It is a less than a 10 minute walk away.