Search

Ritz Carlton

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ritz Carlton

anyone stayed here? thinking about G Cayman's with 2 kids, 8 & 11. Looking to go in late June/early July---any advise? Is there plenty to do there w/ kids?
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 03:50 PM

We are going in May, so have not been before. I have heard from friends though that the Kids Club here is second to none.
Old Mar 18th, 2011, 07:19 PM

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton over Thanksgiving last year with our two kids (4 and 6). It is a great location with lots to do. The Ambassadors Club for kids has several different programs for various age groups and my kids loved it. There are also movies nightly under the stars in a sandy area next to one of the restaurants.

I think what we enjoyed most on site was the beach activity center. As a resort guest, you can use their kayaks, paddleboards, aqua cycles, and snorkel gear for free. We used them daily. There are one and two person canoes. We all swam about 75 yards off the beach to snorkel and there was a lot to see. It was great. My young kids loved it even at their age. While we were there a parasailing company pulled right up to the beach and my wife and 6 year old went parasailing.

Off site I would recommend Stingray City (Go when the crusie ships are not there or the afternoon) and visit the Turtle Farm.
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:08 AM

Your best bet is to rent a condo. There are many luxury condos ( 2 or 3 bedrooms)available on Seven Mile beach with full kitchensand laundry facilities. They also have maid service.. These are right on the beach and they have swimming pools and hot tubs. I have also liked having extra space with the kids, it is really cramped staying in one room. Renting 2 rooms at a hotel like the Ritz -Carlton would be very expensive.
Check VRBO.com for listing of condo. Given that you will be going off season, you can get a great deal.
There is plenty to do on Grand Cayman: snorkeling, swimming,kayaking Stingray City, Turtle Farm, swim with the dolphins, submarine ride.
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 10:30 AM

I agree. Condo is the best route especially with little ones. Then you and your husband can at least have a separate room at night and not have to worry about waking up everyone. I think it's a great destination for kids and if you stayed at a Condo just down 7 mile beach from the Ritz, you would be close to a lot of good places to eat that are kids friendly.