restaurants in Aruba

Apr 5th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Original Poster

restaurants in Aruba

I am going on a cruise in 10 days. I am considering going on an excursion called Kukoo Kunuku Bar Hop and Dinner. This involves a trip into the city with dinner at either Laguna Pier or Residencia Sylvia. Does anyone have an opinion on the tour or these restaurants? I love good food and I would be disappointed it they didn't offer a variety of different and good dishes. Thanks

Louise
Apr 6th, 2006, 03:58 AM

I never did the Kukoo Kunuku party bus..but it sure looked like alot of fun.I have read many trip reports about the bus and everyone seems to enjoy it.(check Tripadvisor website for trip reports)

Sorry but I have never heard of the restaurants mentioned.

I would recommend The Flyin Fishbone..it is situated on the beach with tables by the water.It's very romantic if that is what you are looking for.

Another good one is El Gaucho steakhouse..they have excellent Argentine steaks.

Good luck!!

Christie
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:33 AM
iw

We did the Kunuku Bar Hop and dinner. We are mid-30's and there was a variety of ages on the bus. It is wild! At dinner you sit at a big table and pretty much that is who you hang out with for the evening. There were 2 or 3 buses together. Dinner was so-so, but you get to see a lot of different bars and sights. It was fun. I believe that we had beef and chicken on the plate with rice and a vegetable. There were no choices, as I recall. Dinner outside at the Marriott restaurant at night was good.
Apr 6th, 2006, 10:31 AM

I would agree about the dinner with the Kukoo Kunuku - so, so at best. The trip itself was a blast, though, and everyone (all ages) had a great time! I don't think you actually get to pick which restaurant. I did not have good dining experiences in general in Aruba, no matter where I went, though, so don't get your hopes up.
Apr 10th, 2006, 04:54 PM

Definitely go on the Kukoo Kunoku Bus! We did it on our Aruba trip back in 2002. To this day it is still one of the most fun nights I have had during our vacations. We have talked about returning to Aruba someday. If we do, Kukoo Kunuku will definitely be on the itinerary. FYI - But the CD that they sell. I listen to it all the time in my car.