Looking for lowest fare from PHL or EWR to SXM?

Apr 6th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Looking for lowest fare from PHL or EWR to SXM?

Hi! I wanted to know if anyone knew of any upcoming specials to St. Maarten in April after Easter? I have tried some combinations, but I was curious if the air fare would go down maybe May 1? Our final destination is St. Barth's. (That fare is crazy enough...SXM to SBH is about $ 200 pp for a 10 minute flight!!)

If anyone knows of any deals or any web sites I should check out ..please let me know! I so much appreciate any help!!
Apr 6th, 2006, 08:46 AM

I can't help you on the flight to St. Maarten since I always do JFK to SXM, but how are you flying to St. Barth's? At that price it sounds as if it might be a private charter? WinAir quotes less than $100 per person SXM to SBH if you are interested, although with connection times available a private charter might be a more viable option.

www.fly-winair.com

Just for the record fares to SXM do tend to go down occassionally after the Easter holiday.
Apr 6th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

Hi Statia! I must say it is always a pleasure reading your posts! (So helpful!) Thanks for the win-air site. DO you belive we paid $ 195 pp last August on Win-air! I thought I was going to Florida on that flight! ha ha!! I think it is because I let another website book the fkight in combo...PHL - SXM - SBH. I really appreciate your help!

I would do JFK, but we live in Monmouth County, NJ and I hate when we get stuck on the Belt Parkway going to LI to visit family!!

Thanks again for the tips!

Eileen
Apr 6th, 2006, 11:24 AM

Did you try Continental out of EWR to SXM or USAirways out of Philly thru Charlotte? Usually deals on those & you can get back to Philly non-stop from SXM.
Apr 6th, 2006, 01:29 PM
ccc

My experience has been that you just have to get lucky with an e-saver or some kind of great sale. When we first started going to St. Barts years ago, I was certain that the fares would go down in the summer. They never did. They only got more expensive. Yes, and the Winair flight only adds to the pain. We could often have gone to Bangkok for the same price as St. Barts. We absolutely, positively love St. Barts but this is one of the reasons we started going to Vieques (which I imagine is what St. Barts must have been like 30+ years ago) - it's just much easier/cheaper to get to.
Apr 10th, 2006, 06:13 AM

Interesting comment about jumping from St. Barts to Vieques, CCC. We've done the same thing without really intending to. We were debating villas in St. Barts vs Vieques a few weeks ago and finally came out and said "I actually like Vieques more than St. Barts." I was surprised myself.
Apr 10th, 2006, 05:47 PM

Check WWW.KAYAK.COM for plane listings.
LisaS