recommnedations for travelers with disabilities

Jun 15th, 2002, 05:30 PM
dalia

recommnedations for travelers with disabilities

Can anyone recommend a caribbean island that has a nice hotel with accomodations for handicapped travelers. My parents use to travel extensively, unfortunately they have stopped because my mother has parkinsons disease and is in a wheelchair, since she cannot walk on her own. I would love to get any recommendations regarding traveling with disabilities, nice hotels in the caribbean, recommended nice caribbean destination, etc so that I may plan a trip to take with my parents. Any and all information will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Jun 17th, 2002, 05:51 AM
theo

Ditto for request/Also does anyone have information on web sites for travelers with disabilites/wheelchair/handicapped

Jun 17th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Melissa

Not an island, but Caribbean Cruises are very good. I have a few Disabled clients and they have said that cruises are the best for them.

Jun 17th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Linda

Many hotels are handicap friendly. Sit down with a GOOD travel agent and they will be able to give you some choices.

Jun 17th, 2002, 07:10 PM
xxxx

are there any Good travel agency web sites on the internet that cater to handicapped travelers?

Jun 20th, 2002, 07:03 PM
drlove

Try Fodor's book-
"Great American Vacations for Travelers with Disabilities.

Jun 24th, 2002, 01:56 PM
xxx

Can anyone recommend web sites for disabled travelers?

Jun 25th, 2002, 07:31 AM
Margo

Go into Google and type out "AAC Travel Resources"--where it says "themes" you can click on Caribbean or whereever and it will give information on accomodations for handicapped travelers.

Jun 25th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Margo

I may have given you incorrect info--go into Google and type out "UCP Channels-Travel Resources".

Jun 25th, 2002, 07:50 AM
Margo

Also while in Google type out "Disabled Traveler"--good articles.