After Ladera?

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 10:47 AM
stl

After Ladera?

Went to Ladera (St Lucia)a few years back and loved the experience. Now need another vacation. Considering St John, Bermuda, Barbados, but having a hard time getting excited when I know I won't have the views, the open rooms or the plunge pool. Any suggestions? Or should I just throw in the towel and go back to Ladera?

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 04:23 AM
Marsha

Why don't you split your vacation between Ladera and Palm Island, Grenadines. P.I. has the most beautiful beach and the flight is short.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 10:44 AM
stl

Do you know the website for more info on Palm Island? <BR>Not too sure I'm interested in splitting up my week though. Air travel is my least favorite part of a vacation!

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Marsha

Another great beach at Petit St. Vincent Resort or psvresort.com or type our the above resort + Grenadines.<BR>In Google --"Palm Island Resort, Grenadines". <BR>More information on the Grenadines by typing out "Grenadines".

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 11:37 PM
tee

isn't ladera great--<BR>we are getting married/honeymooning there in oct., we can't wait!!<BR>you may want to consider nevis-<BR>we went recently and loved it-<BR>we stayed at hurricane cove bungalows, very private, great views of the mountain on nevis as well as the island of st. kitts--<BR>we had a 1br cottage with a private "plunge" pool (biggest plunge pool i have ever seen)-- <BR>the rooms are not open like ladera, but you leave your windows propped open and the door open all the time--<BR>very uninhabited island, great for a romantic getaway-<BR>check out their website--

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 01:04 PM
stl

How do you fly into Nevis from east coast? Is it complicated? <BR><BR>Do you know what the website is for Hurricane Cove?<BR><BR>Have you vacationed at Ladera before and then returned??

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 04:51 AM
Suzette

Hurricane Cove is very simple compared to Ladera --why don't you try the Montpelier Plantation Inn in Nevis--Princess Diana stayed there once. They have their own beach club and cuisine is excellent. To get to Nevis you normally fly into St. Kitts and a very fast flight over or you can take a ferry, flight is easier. Nevis is very plush and has a rainforest for hiking--they even have monkeys!

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 05:39 AM
Sonia

For a really unique experience why don't you split your stay between St. Kitts and Nevis--Ottley's Plantation Inn, St. Kitts and Hurricane Cove in Nevis? You'll have the beach, the gorgeous grounds at Ottleys, incredible views, rainforests etc. Sounds terrific!

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 03:25 PM
laurel

We went to ladera also. Loved it! But we like to try other places as well. <BR><BR>Loved Royal Pavilion in Barbados! It's wonderful - so beautiful.<BR><BR>Also enjoyed Chan Chich lodge in Belize. and Roberts Grove in Belize - <BR>check them out.<BR><BR>Four Seasons Nevis is also another great property with beautiful scenery and views.<BR><BR>You're right tho' Ladera is very "different".<BR>

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 08:42 AM
stl

How did Barbados compare to St Lucia? Were the rooms at Royal Pavilion as nice? I'm sure they were different then Ladera, but you didn't feel dissappointed not having the amazing view?