Search

Quick advice please!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 11:27 AM
Cherie

Quick advice please!!

Hi: Need to make a decision by Monday night 11/11.Should I stay at Sunset Beach/Beaches or Renaisssance...Two adults..don't want HIGH RISE...Please send advice

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 03:16 PM
Penney

I personally did not care for Renaissance. While the pool area is very impressive, the two beaches are small and not great for Jamaica. The pool area is walk to wall chairs, tons of children and very loud music blaring all day long. Food was par, rooms are standard hotel rooms and thee were many conventions going on.<BR><BR>I would suggest any resort in NEgril - the beaches are far better - great area.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 03:07 AM
Cherie

Dear Penny: I almost narrowed in down to Negril..Gotta call my daughter today..Do you know any thing about the Rui tropical bay..Thanks loads, Cherie

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 04:22 AM
Kay

Chereie:<BR><BR>I ahve had lots of clients stay at Sunset and they loved it. If you are on a budget in Jamaica this is a good choice.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 10:33 AM
ohliz

Reports I've read from Riu Tropical Bay have all been positive. Hard oto find a nicer beach than Bloody Bay too.<BR><BR Liz

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 10:53 AM
TRAVELER

Sunset Beach and Renaissance are both high rises. We stayed at Sunset Beach and our kids had a great time. On the budget side, kids didn't care. Our teens really had a great time with the night life. They all like the food too. I usually like a little more deluxe resort but we just wanted a short weekend trip. The resort and rooms were clean. The staff was nice enough, not bend over back wards nice, but good. You get what you pay for and we felt we got a good value for our money.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 12:38 PM
Penney

People seem to rave about the new Rui in Negril. Say the beachis very nice, great food and sevice and just a nice resort - I am considering it myself for April.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 01:01 PM
Jay

I'm going to RUI in 2 weeks. I'm worried that it's going to be overrun with children. I got my tickets and they mention children go free! YIKES... I want a relaxing trip my fiance. Anyone know about what to expect.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 03:24 PM
Cherie

Dear Jay: The rates for Rui keep changing..Did you get a good deal? Please let me know any tips when you get back, I'd really appreciate it..There isn't any reply from someone who's actuall been!!! Have a great time and thanks for everyone's help....