Question for Scottb please...

Aug 27th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Question for Scottb please...

Hi Scott,

Which unit did you stay in at Gallows and did you book with Gallows direct or Suite St. John? Also, any photos of the room or property that you would'nt mind sharing?

Thank you so much!
Aug 27th, 2007, 05:34 PM

If you look on Trip Advisor, you can see several recent photos although which unit is not always clear. They all vary, but since GP is basically run as a "hotel" there are not huge differences. We have had three recent stays, two in 10C and one in 11C. We thought 10C was marginally nicer. It wouldn't make or break our trip which unit. It seems they all have a wart or two depending on what is important to you. We booked our stays directly through Gallow's, but I don't necessarily know that one is better than the other(Suite St John). GP still takes care of maintenance or any other issues regardless of who you book through.
Aug 27th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Brendan! We are booking tomorrow and any tips about the property or just in general for cant misses or anything fun, please do share. Thanks again!
Aug 28th, 2007, 06:23 AM

I would recommend taking a day trip to Jost Van Dyke in the BVI's. We take the ferry and have about five hours to hang out on White Bay. It's a must do in our book while visiting STJ. If you have any other specific questions, let me know. I would recommend renting a jeep for at least a couple of days to explore the island. Get yourself a copy of Feet, Fins and Four Wheel Drive by Pam Gaffin. It has a wealth of information about STJ including jeep tours.
Aug 28th, 2007, 06:31 AM

Check out this link for more info on Jost Van Dyke and the BVI's. STJ has plenty to explore, but JVD is a gem.

http://b-v-i.com/JostVanDyke/default.htm
Aug 28th, 2007, 04:40 PM

We stayed in unit 9A, oceanview lower. We booked through Suite St John. Keep in mind, that if you book through Gallows directly, they do (NOT) guarantee your unit choice. So if the owner decides last minute to use their unit, you will be bumped to a different unit.

Suite St John guarantees your choice. If you go to the Suite St John website, they have many photos of the different units, showing the view from many. 9A is one that you can see online, and check the view out.

Prices are the same no matter who you book through, so we went with the guaranteed choice.

Hope this helps......