Advise on a private rental

Aug 16th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Advise on a private rental

Hi there
We are going to TCI for the Island Series triathlon and I am looking for some help on private villas. Sites all make them seem so wonderful. Does anyone know or stayed at:
Place de la Sole or the Gumbo or Limbo cottage?
We need a 3 bedroom (4 adults and 2 kids) and they are all advertised that way but I read a review on Place de la Sole that makes me wonder if it truly a 3 bedroom.

Any suggestions besides these? We have never been and I heard some beach areas are better then others.
Aug 16th, 2007, 05:55 PM

i know nothing about place de la sol. and i can't find any good photos so its hard to say. it's location is in the central part of the island where all the happening stuff is. (hotels and the wee bit of shopping) (restaurants are all over)
i have stayed across the lane from gumbo and limbo. they are both fairly new and very very nice. i have also stayed in one of mr. moog's (owns the villas) other houses on the south side of provo. his villas are all Very nice and Very clean and well cared for.
the gumbo/limbo location is good imho as it is on a quiet section of grace bay beach (for you - walk to and on beach path 4 mins) and near very good beach snorkeling.
i think this is the best location on provo unless the kids are very small, in which case you might look for a house on taylor bay beach on the south side of the island as the beach is very shallow for a football field out.
also turtle cove marina with 5 restaurants is within 15 mins walking distance of the houses.
you will want to have a car to get to restaurants and the grocery.
turtle cove marina is approx 15 mins from the busy resort area. you can drive from the airport to tc marina in 15 mins. the east end of the island is probably 45 mins from the airport.

now what please is "the Island Series triathlon" ???
Aug 16th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info, sounds like Gumbo/Limbo are a good location for a family. I am waiting to hear if the Gumbo/Limbo are still available.

The island triathlon series (sorry) is a half iron man taking place this year on TCI December 1st.: www.islandtriathlonseries.com.
While hubby will be swming/biking and running around rest of the family is taging along for a nice island vacation ;-)
Aug 17th, 2007, 08:53 PM

Sounds like we will be there the same week as you. We rented another Moog cottage, Corriander, for Dec. 1-8. We have already paid for the cottage and the Moog's seem like really nice people. They have been extremely helpful and friendly.
Aug 18th, 2007, 02:52 AM

oh dr walt you are going to be so happy!!!
and dutch yes this is a good family area. no traffic - quite safe. if kids are not small they will be able to walk back and forth from the beach alone.
and as your 2 families will be on provo at the same time perhaps a mini fodor GTG could be arranged. say drinks at the tiki hut at the marina...

also dutch i have a friend who has been doing ultra runs for years. at 60 he is thinking the 140 mile race he just did in the desert will be his last and he would like to start doing to bike section of triathlons. his family who did support for his last race (as none was provided) agrees this is a good plan. i assume this race is all you? anyway could you put a link in here to the race page so i could forward it to dave?? thanks.
Aug 18th, 2007, 02:55 AM

well duh - i cut and pasted island series triathlon. and lo and behold the race page.
so you don't have to link me. are there other races in the carib? i can sooo see myself going along to do support.
Aug 22nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Hi VA

I really don't know about other races. I assume they pick another island each year, but this will be husbands first time. If things go well, I really hope they pick a different island each year makes for great vacation planning. (Limbo and Gumbo were not available on our days - but we are exploring some other options).
Aug 22nd, 2007, 04:41 PM

in the same area you could look at blue coral villas, bella sur mer or www.atlanticbeachfrontvillas.com
also alizee, bahia mar, bamboo house on taylor bay beach.
and crystal sands, oceana on sapodilla bay beach.
villa pisces on long bay beach.
Aug 22nd, 2007, 04:42 PM

in the same area you could look at blue coral villas, bella sur mer or www.atlanticbeachfrontvillas.com
also alizee, bahia mar, bamboo house on taylor bay beach.
and crystal sands, oceana on sapodilla bay beach.
villa pisces on long bay beach.
or casaurina villa in the leeward area
Aug 28th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Virginia for all your advise.
We ended up booking a villa on Taylor Bay. Really excited!