Reload this Page >

Purchasing Tickets On Line

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Mary

Looking for advice on purchasing tickets on line..........Travelocity or American Airlines websites.....any advantage of one over the other?

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Sue

I try to fly American when I can. Used to shop both sites, but found that the prices are the same, and American gives mileage bonus for booking online. Works for me.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Patty

Agree with Sue... always check the airlines own website to see if they are giving FF mileage bonuses for purchasing online. If the price is the same, I always book thru the airline directly.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 05:10 AM
pooh

I use both Travelocity and USAirways Vacations. Good experiences with both.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 09:10 AM
john

Orbitz sometimes has better deals than Travelocity.

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 08:30 AM
Theresa

I'm a frequent flyer with American and Delta but recently got a better fare on Orbitz for a flight to St. Croix during Xmas. I tried to get the same fare on the airline site and it was more. Also, I sometimes find I can the same low fare whether on the airline site or travel site but not the same flight options. <BR><BR>By the way, Travelocity claims to give you the FF bonus miles that the airlines offer. <BR><BR>T

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 12:24 PM
pln

I am also a FF w/American, but more often book through Orbitz because of procong and I have never had a problem getting the FF miles booked. There has never been a close enough price on AA direct to be wrth the bonus miles, but maybe I just don't hit it at the right time. Another good feature of Orbitz is that they email you updates, should the status of your arrangements change, as happened to us recently.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 09:40 AM
Karen

I recently booked air and hotel to depart for St. Croix in two weeks through American Airlines on-line. This was after checking all the usual sites for the best airfare. We got extra FF miles as a booking bonus for the hotel. Three days later we had air tickets and hotel vouchers delivered by FedEx. We just got home Friday night and everything went very smoothly, we even got bumped to business class both ways! It pays to check the various sites before buying your ticket because there is a variance in airfares. This time American turned out to be the best fare for us.