Punta Cana-Jet Skis & Fishing

Old Aug 30th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Punta Cana-Jet Skis & Fishing

I am planning a trip to Punta Cana for our honeymoon. We are seeking an AI with a gorgous beach, Jet Ski (wave runners) rentals, and to be able to go on several deep sea fishing trips. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 05:05 PM

just to let you know, at Easter time, no motorized sports allowed in DR.
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your input. But we will be going in either November or December. So we won't have to worry about Easter.
Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 06:26 AM

Try the Bavaro Beach area - most of the resorts there have what you are looking for and the beach is endless! We stayed at the Barcelo there, I understadn they have renoavted since our stay and that is good, because that was really the only fault we had with it - room quality. This AI had one of the best selections of a la carte restaurants to eat at - and you could eat at them as many times as you wanted, unlike some other resorts. We stayed at Secrets recently, but that is way up on the point, no access to jet-skis, and fairly rough water. The resort iself, though, was absolutely wonderful.
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 10:25 AM

We just returned yesterday from an eight night stay at the Palladium Grand on Bavaro Beach. From there you can walk down the beach about 5 - 10 minutes (there is a bunch of gift shops and regular shops and a supermarket) and rent just about anything you can think of. Parasailing, jet skis, water taxis, etc. etc. I think wherever you stay on Bavaro Beach you can find what you are looking for since the locals are more than happy to please and make some money.
Old Sep 12th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

shirleyk-Thank you for your response. Did you like the Palladium? I'd love more info on this resort if you have time. Thank you again.
Old Sep 12th, 2004, 10:36 AM

The Palladium is in a complex of 5 hotels. And if you stay in the Palladium you can eat and drink in all of them. It is on a stretch of beach that is at least a mile long in front of the property. Bavaro Beach goes on for miles in both directions. We walked at least 4 miles each direction and there was still more beach to go. There are many choices of eating and drinking. There are three "specialty" restaurants that you need to make a reservation for. All three were excellent. It is a very big resort so you'll do a lot of walking or riding on their "shuttle". The complex is going through a complete renovation. If you get a renovated room, you will love it; if you get a room which has not been renovated, you will hate it. We were in both. They have "romance suites" which we saw one day when the maid was cleaning it. Large bed, either queen or king, with a white canopy thing hanging over it, a large bathroom and jazucci, newly renovated. Very nice. It is a Europeon hotel, so it caters to Europeons. As an American you will be in the minority. We only met two or three other Americans during our 8 night stay. What else would you like to know, if you ask me some specific questions I will be more than glad to answer if I can.