Punta Cana--Good Resort for Teens?

Old Jul 16th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Punta Cana--Good Resort for Teens?

Hi,
A group of friends and I are currently trying to plan a grad trip to Punta Cana in August. None of us have visited DR before and as such, we don't really have a clue as to where we should stay.
We are looking for a resort that is safe, is on the beach, and has a good disco. I've visited debbie's domincan page but reading through the reviews, very few talk of travelling with teens.
If anyone has any ideas or has travelled with teens to punta cana, you're input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ashlee
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 11:16 AM

Hey there, to be honest you should go on bookit.com; really informative. There is a growing night life out there and if you do decide to go try your best to hit up this new club called Webster Hall Punta cana.. Its opening in Dec, and I hear its going to be bigger than the one in NYC.. Have you ever been to the one in NYC? well I was there last weekend... "Mind Blowing" is not even the word.. but its just soo much to do and I know the Webster Hall Punta cana is going to bigger than the one in NYc.. So imagine!! Anyway their website is websterhallpc.com
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look into the Iberostar resorts. They are great for families.
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 09:39 AM

I second the Iberostar recomendation. Stayed there years ago w/out kids, but I loved the disco and night time activities and did see a lot of families.
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 12:48 PM

We stayed in Punta Cana at the Iberostar resort. Great for teens--ours were 15 and 12 at the time. Food is available at all times...not great if you are a foodie, but acceptable. Lots of organized activities for kids there. We took a outback/village excursion. If you are susceptible to motion sickness, be aware--lots of bouncing on unpaved roads. We also did the stingray/swim with shark adventure. That was pretty cool. Resort feels safe, but the beach "closes up" after dark. It is clear you are not advised to walk on the beach at night, but they offer shows, activities within the resort then.
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 08:12 PM

One of the best option in Punta cana is Gran flamenco Punta cana,this resort is great for teenagers or Barcelo bavaro beach,this last has 2 discos it is a big complex.

http://www.occidentalhotels.com/grand/PuntaCana.asp

http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels...ach-Hotels.htm
Have fun in paradise!!

Peter
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 11:00 PM

How is the beach @ the Barcelo Bavaro? Also, I have a 7 yr old as well as a 16 yr old...r there enough activites for both age groups? Thanks!