Search

Punta Cana Excursions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Punta Cana Excursions

I am going to Punta Cana in October, and I am wondering what sort of excursions or activities people did while vacationing there. Anything from ecotourism to horsebackriding to cultural, what activities are worth trying? THANKS!
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 03:26 PM

I'm going in October also. May I ask where you're staying? Have you booked already?
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 04:37 PM

We did a mini motor boat tour to a snorkleing site - you got a little motorboat to yourself or per couple, travelled ina group to the snorkeling spot where they moored your boat, and transported you to a raft from which you did your snorkeling and then boated back to the point of origin. There was parasailing and day trips to Santo Domningo - that's along ride. Sugar cane field tours were avialable as well,as well as an island/cane field tour combined.
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 03:54 AM
Original Poster

Yes we have already booked - we are staying at the Melia Caribe Tropicale. I have heard really great things about it, the grounds are huge and there are lots of pools, restaurants, etc. We are going for a friends wedding actually, and everyone said this is one of the best places.
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 05:25 PM
kep

Hi: We stayed last Oct. at the Occidental Grand Flamenco and had a wonderful time. We did two excursions, the Bavaro Runners which included horseback riding and also the Saona Island /Altos Chavron tour. Both were great. If I only had the time and money for one I would do the Saona Island Excursion. We went to the remake Mediterrean Village of Casa del Campo/altos Chavron River. We went to the starfish pool, lunch at Saona Island shopping, speed boat out and catamaran ride back. Full day but really good. Your resort may have horseback riding available. The snorkling trip from the resort was only a few bucks but only worth that. Our friends went parasailing and found that to be worth it. Have a great trip.Karen