Search

Punta Cana beaches?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 01:41 PM
Lee

Punta Cana beaches?

<BR>I"ve been reading that the beaches are beautiful in this area. We like to go for long walks on the beach. Could we do this here? Are the beaches long and do they pass other hotels along the way? It's nice to stop for a drink at different places. <BR>Or any other recommendations for a long beach destination? <BR>Thanks for any help. <BR>Lee

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 01:49 PM
rita

Beaches here are definitely gorgeous. But that was all I can say, food was all mediocre, not much off the resorts, very mellow on resorts at night. Scuba is poor and so is snorkeling. My 2 cents for what it is worth. We would not return

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 07:00 AM
Lisa

Hi Lee- I have been to Punta Cana and would say the beaches are the most incredible beaches I have seen so far. We stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace- and could have lobster everyday if we wanted. We did not go off the resort other than to visit the other four resorts in the complex. I would return in a minute! Just beware that the staff speak very little english but we had fun with the language barrier and actually left knowing quite a few words in Spanish. You might want to check out Debbies' Dominican page I don't know the address but just do a search.Good luck I hope this helped a little. Oh, by the way we partied at the disco until 2 or 3 in the morning so I wouldn't say the resorts are quiet at night. <BR>

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 07:50 AM
Lee

<BR>Hi Rita and Lisa, <BR>Thanks so much for the information. Punta Cana sounds like just waht wer are looking for. <BR>Lisa, when you say you stayed near the four resorts, how far away were all the others? Are they in groupos of hotels? and can you walk the beach to the next group? <BR>Thanks. <BR>Lee

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 01:10 PM
valerie

Lee, <BR>I agree that Punta Cana is wonderful! I have been all over the Caribbean, and the beaches here are definitely among the best anywhere. Yes, you can walk along the beach to other resorts. You will love it!!

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 01:08 PM
sue

We went to Punta Cana in the fall and the beaches were amazing- really soft, powder WHITE sand, tall palms. We stayed at the Fiesta Palace but if you like long walks there are many places down the beach. We had a great time.

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 05:27 PM
becky

Having been to 4 islands so far, the beaches at Punta Cana are truly awesome---23 miles long---we walked for over an hour & could have walked further (take water with you). We stayed at Riu Palace (6*) but found it very formal & much older guests (all European). I liked the look of the Riu Bambu next door & 2 friends who went loved it --it's a 5* but cheaper. If you're looking for alot of nite life, you may prefer the Bavaro complex---5 resorts I believe. However, this was our 3rd stay at a Riu resort & they are highly recommended.

Old Jul 18th, 2000, 06:27 PM
traveler

At the Riu Resort...Do you find many topless bathers? We are traveline with young children and would prefer and upscale but conservative resort. Any suggestions?

Old Jul 19th, 2000, 02:36 PM
Lee

<BR> <BR>Thanks Becky, <BR>Rui Bambu sounds great! <BR>I've heard that all the Rui's have a good reputation. <BR>Lee

Old Jul 4th, 2003, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sue...what were your impressions of fiesta palace??? Any info appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My family stayed at the Iberostar Punta Cana, which is next to sister properties Iberostar Bavaro and Iberostar Dominicana. You can walk for miles in either direction. The beauty of Punta Cana is that the many palm trees shield the resorts as you walk along the water's edge. All of the resorts are all-inclusive.It is a beautiful place and we will be returning.