Puerto Rico with grandson in tow!

Old Nov 15th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puerto Rico with grandson in tow!

I would like to take my seventeen year old grandson to Puertro Rico this summer. We will have about five to six days there. He has relatives there that he has never met. Where would be a good place to stay? Hotel or apartment? He loves history, markets, comic books, swimming, trying new foods.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 03:40 AM

OK - Puerto Rico is a very big island with a total land mass of over 3,500 sq. miles. There are big cities like San Juan, tiny little country villages and everything in between so it's difficult to advise you on where would be a good place to stay. Since your grandson has relatives in Puerto Rico that I assume you are planning to visit you might want to stay near where they live but, of course, that will really depend on what you want to see and do during your stay.

Now, many first time visitors to Puerto Rico stay in or near San Juan - there's more than enough "history, markets, swimming and restaurants to fill any 5 or 6 day trip and still have much left over for future visits. I'm sure that your grandson will also be able to find plenty of comic in some of the shops throughout the city.

Whether or not you stay in a hotel or Apartment is a matter of personal choice and really depends on where on the island you end up spending your time and your particular budget. FYI - most "apartments" rent for longer periods although there are a few "condo" type resorts that will rent for shorter periods. Hotels, of course, will let you stay as long or short as you wish. Give us your accommodations budget in actual dollars and the area in Puerto Rico you think you want to visit and we can make some suggestions.
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Original Poster

RoamsAround - Are you a travel agency or company? I have accommodation.

I am looking for neat thingsto do with a seventeen year old.
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 04:14 AM

mweiner, you DID ask in your original post

"Where would be a good place to stay? Hotel or apartment?"
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 05:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
mweiner, you won't get many responses if you are going to be rude to people who are trying to help.
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 05:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seriously mweiner, someone answers your VERY specific question about where to stay and then you give them a snide response for their help??!! Shame on you!
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Original Poster

I had hoped for a hotel recommendation or a specific lodging. Many travel agents write these types of messages toget business. It is not a rude question. I have a right to know. Notice I did not receive an answer.
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 12:22 PM

First you ask for lodging recommendation. Then you state you have lodging. Then you say you wanted a specific hotel recommendation. It's pretty confusing to follow.

You probably did not receive another answer from RoamsAround because it's pretty obvious (by clicking on his/her member name and seeing other posts) that s/he is neither of what you suggested. If RoamsAround was a travel agent, I'm guessing there would have been no need to seek other's advice on luxury resorts in Fiji.

Also, you don't actually have a "right to know" any personal information (including profession) about anyone on this website.